• [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would pay maybe $100 at most for it. A lot of the characters are pretty lame and really are only there for collectors. Most of them will never be used in actual games. Certainly no where near worth what the going price for them is these days. Just people cashing in on their limited availability, though CMoN seems to still sell them at Conventions which is where I based the worth to me off of. You can get one for free with purchase of the base game, which they usually have for sale at the MSRP of $99.

You're far better off buying some of the actual standalone character packs that are out there and will get far more actual use out of those for the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
To be honest, almost any price you'll pay for it is worth it since (if you take good care of it) you can easily flip it the moment you don't like it anymore.

Prices will only go up unless CMON reprints it (which they haven't done so far).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried proxying them and didn't like the characters I played with. I would get them just to paint them, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get them for gameplay reason, I'd say, the promo characters are not worth much. They have unique powers, yes, but not that game-changing. I might buy them for £35-£50. But even on that price, I might not buying at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
It is worth every penny.

and a pretty penny it would be to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ender02 wrote:
I would pay maybe $100 at most for it. A lot of the characters are pretty lame and really are only there for collectors. Most of them will never be used in actual games. Certainly no where near worth what the going price for them is these days. Just people cashing in on their limited availability, though CMoN seems to still sell them at Conventions which is where I based the worth to me off of. You can get one for free with purchase of the base game, which they usually have for sale at the MSRP of $99.

You're far better off buying some of the actual standalone character packs that are out there and will get far more actual use out of those for the money.

If you go by ebay prices I have seen the guildmaster sell for on average about $450 since there are 31 models in the guildmaster box your looking at $14.00 a piece not including the free tokens and dice.' Thats more or less the cost you will pay for an individual (non Kickstarter) Hero on any online store. you can find them for 11-14 + shipping.

The convention price is very easy to come up with. you do not get them free as you put it..you must purchase at the convention store. you get 1 point per $25 you spend. Individual hero's are 1 point and the Nameless campain is 4 points. So thats $25.00 per model...hardly cheap. This is the reason you see individual models sell for 25+ on ebay.

to answer the OP's original question the Guildmaster is worth $0.00 for gameplay reason since you can proxy rules for the models with any of the current models you have. For collectors though the price is what you value it to be. Honestly once masmorra and Inferno are released the amount of non-kickstarter hero's available will be more than enough variety for almost anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb
If you look online there have been a couple of people who made proxies for them using other really neat looking minis such as using the Super Dungeon Explorer ones. If you just want it for game play you can print out the cards in thick cardstock place inside a sleeve protector and you can not tell the difference from official cards and pretty much dress up your game with minis you really like the look off.

If you want to be a collector then, well its going to be expensive to get the guildmaster box. I am only missing Bob, Elysia and Pigsy and I do not plan on paying what they are going for on ebay. We will just just a proxy for those 3 figures.

We found a Impact miniature Medusa that works for our elysia now just need find one for pigsy and bob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is worth 3 $, maybe 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Gamgan wrote:
I am only missing Bob, Elysia and Pigsy and I do not plan on paying what they are going for on ebay. We will just just a proxy for those 3 figures.

Almost the same here. The only ones I'm missing are Pigsy and Bob. The thing is, Pigsy is pretty bad. For Bob what I did is simply print him a card and put it over Morgan who is absolute garbage nobody would touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Arcadia quest is a strange game when it comes to extras. Since the monsters and maps are all preset, most of the extra stuff available are more heroes. Since you're likely playing a campaign with the same heroes over multiple games, you don't get to swap out heroes nearly as much as you would in other games.

If this is one of your favorite games, than you'll play it a lot, and the extra heroes are going to be of some value, but at this point, I think you're better off just getting in on the Inferno Kickstarter if you want to add to your base game.

If you're already getting the Inferno Kickstarter, than I don't see much value in the guildmaster box at all. You'll already have so much stuff, I can't imagine you'll ever fully utilize all of the Inferno characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.