Subject: Rules changes from Speicherstadt + Kaispeicher rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank W

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was largely covered in the other thread (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1638257/rules-are-final...), but I wanted to have a single place to list all the rules changes from the original version, so here it is.

*) Coffee Break turned into a 3 point building/journey and moved from Winter to Summer.
*) Gaffer, Dressmaker, and Ropemaker changed to give 2 coins instead of 3, and to be worth 2 points instead of 0.
*) Gaffer and Dressmaker also moved from Winter to Spring.
*) Lighthouse changed to be 2 points instead of 1, and moved from Spring to Winter.
*) Storekeeper moved from Spring to Winter.
*) Auction Hall moved from Summer to Winter.
*) Snitch can now exchange the positions of any two auction meeples, not just one of yours with one of another player.
*) Smuggler can now steal a cube that the player cannot place and must discard.
*) Technically, Mayor can now double the value of any building/journey card, although practically you would always choose your highest-valued one.

If there are any rules changes I missed, reply below and I'll update this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Frank! Really looking forward to this as I love The Speicherstadt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Kurosawa"
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
I'm rather surprised about the low rating so far on BGG, I consider The Speicherstadt to be one of Stefan Feld's best games and this is a remake so why is it underrated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone who has played both comment on the changes? Are they clear improvements in balance (assuming that was the point of the changes)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
tobyjason wrote:
Can anyone who has played both comment on the changes? Are they clear improvements in balance (assuming that was the point of the changes)?

Seconded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
All the changes are extremely minor except for Coffee Break, which I'm glad to see go. Given the nature of the game, any minor tweaks like this are self balancing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elltrain wrote:
All the changes are extremely minor except for Coffee Break, which I'm glad to see go. Given the nature of the game, any minor tweaks like this are self balancing.

Ah. So Coffee Break isn't really "changed". It's been removed and replaced with a 3 point building that does something else entirely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Right, it's turned from a ridiculously overpowered action to a generic point building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elltrain wrote:
Right, it's turned from a ridiculously overpowered action to a generic point building.

I get the distinct impression that you would suggest I remove Coffee Break from the game when I eventually get around to playing my copy of the game and expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.