Popular Tags: [View All]
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player is forced onto a tile with Flame Wall, are they affected?

Wisp couldn't do this (since a tile with Flame Wall token is not unoccupied), but the Cave's Giant Bats or various Dragon Powers seem like they could.

Additionally, Flame Wall isn't generally considered an Attack, so I don't feel like that limitation would apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
Yes.

It's not stated in the rules as such, but if the Cave were to move a Goblin into a Flame Wall using Giant Bats, would the Goblins gain Rage?

Wrath (which scatters Tribes) and Flame Wall (reduces Population) are not listed on the Goblin board as actions that increase Rage, and are not otherwise considered "Attacks" (which can be dodged with Unnatural Evasion). So I'm not sure if these trigger Rage increases.

It makes sense to me that Flame Wall wouldn't trigger Rage increase if the Goblin moved into it, similar to how failing to Plunder a Gem does not result in Rage increase (the Goblin is choosing to do that, and not being targeted by another player's action). But if the Goblins are forced into a Flame Wall or scattered by Wrath I would think they'd gain Rage (what's the difference between being hit by a Bow vs moved into a Flame Wall, or being hit by Claw vs Wrath?)

Wrath destroys tiles but does not hurt the Knight or Thief, so being able to scatter Goblins without triggering Rage seems a bit strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Flame Wall and Wrath are not attacks, so they do not increase Rage (and cannot be dodged by the Thief).

There's a more comprehensive list here: Re: "Attacks"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
There's a more comprehensive list here: Re: "Attacks"

I'd seen that, but wasn't sure if damaging a player by forcing them through a Flame Wall (as opposed to them entering on their own) would change anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.