$20.00
$30.00
$15.00
Justin Dowell
Canada
Airdrie
AB
flag msg tools
A few weeks ago, I ordered a custom playmat through Inked Gaming, and it finally arrived on Wednesday morning! I got a chance to give it a go on Friday night, and I was excited to see how it worked in actual gameplay.

A couple notes on the mat: aesthetically, i really like this layout, with the only text being the section names of the three middle areas, plus small text under the city to define the sections. I've also kept all twelve card locations (6 per side) unlabeled, to allow for easy changes in configurations depending on scheme, expansion etc.. I used this approach to accommodate for things like Defenders (don't have that fan expansion yet, but hope to soon), and Sidekicks. This also allows for this board to easily work with Villains, as you can literally put whatever you want, wherever you want.

You'll also see dice in the play picture. I use them to track the count of strikes and twists, which is useful in schemes that punish worse with more twists, without having to count every time (Epic Super Hero Civil War, for example).

Board: http://imgur.com/V2wVwQK

In play: http://imgur.com/LBz4rEi

Pic of a card in a space: http://imgur.com/lUntaYn

EDIT:

I've submitted to BGG files in high quality PNG format, but for now here's an Imgur link to the jpg file if you'd like to print your own. Seems to be ok, didn't notice anything weird around the lettering which is where I'd expect jpg artifacting.

The PNG file is up on BGG

If you choose to get it printed on Inked Gaming's Oversize Playmat, the file should be ready to go with proper bleed etc.. This is exactly what I submitted to them. Hopefully there are no issues should you decide to get it printed, the files are presented as-is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGorman
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
simple and effective, very nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Intrigued by the use of dice. May have to try that out myself. Overall you've got a nice, simple, flexible solution there. Well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Have you uploaded the design? I would love to order me one of these! Looks amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dowell
Canada
Airdrie
AB
flag msg tools
I haven't uploaded it yet, but i will later today then I'll edit my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dowell
Canada
Airdrie
AB
flag msg tools
nfrred63 wrote:
Have you uploaded the design? I would love to order me one of these! Looks amazing!

Ok, the OP has been updated with an Imgur upload, pending my BGG png file upload.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
So, how are you gonna store it when not playing?

I LOVE this. Im going to get one made pretty soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dowell
Canada
Airdrie
AB
flag msg tools
Honestly for now just the shipping tube.

I've got a box that I've built for my game. Probably going to build a new box with a spot for the rolled mat in it, just need to make the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, I agree with Sabird, nice and simple, one thing though, no sleeves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guys, the high-quality PNG is up. Woo-hoo!

Now I just need to figure out what else I'm going to buy at Inked Gaming. Hrm ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dowell
Canada
Airdrie
AB
flag msg tools
usuba wrote:
Looks good, I agree with Sabird, nice and simple, one thing though, no sleeves!

There is approximately 1/8th of an inch around a card sitting on the outer tiles. How much do sleeves normally extend?

Pic of a card on a spot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McKeehan
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! I have the heroes mat and the villains mat, so I probably won't ever use it, but it is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.