2 Posts

Shadows over Camelot» Forums » Variants

Subject: Movement Variant: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Morris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing a few games--and not coming anywhere close to winning (except for the traitor, of course--our gaming group is considering a small variant, and I thought I'd get some thoughts out:

Movement to and from Camelot is a free action (once per turn). The knight who already receives this can now move between quests for free.

Any thoughts on how this might play out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

If you do that, bear in mind that one of the Knights, if memory serves, possesses a Special Ability which is not too dissimilar to what you're advocating in your rule. May I ask why you want the Knight to move for free?

The reason for the inquiry is because when I play my solo games (with no Traitor, obviously), I use the following rule:

Supplies:

When a Knight moves to a Quest, or has legally remained there, he immediately receives one card (as part of Supplies).

Rationale:
I find myself without options, which in this game is driven by the cards in your hand.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.