Hide
5 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fleet number rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BJ Zappelli
msg tools
I just read that the number of fleets you can have is limited to your ascendancy level. So, does that mean you can have 4-fleets if you have 4 Asc. Tokens? I know we have just 3 fleet cards, but then why not just say "can't have more fleets than you have asc. tokens (max 3)? And if I copy the fleet cards , I can have a 4th fleet. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BJZAPPELLI wrote:
I just read that the number of fleets you can have is limited to your ascendancy level. So, does that mean you can have 4-fleets if you have 4 Asc. Tokens? I know we have just 3 fleet cards, but then why not just say "can't have more fleets than you have asc. tokens (max 3)? And if I copy the fleet cards , I can have a 4th fleet. Thoughts?

by the rules not currently. they may expand your options with more fleet cards later. remember star bases are also limited by ascendancy but you obviously cant have more than 3 starbases.

my guess is at some point they will release "big game" expansions allowing for larger games, ie more ships, fleet cards, starbases, etc per faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the nr of fleets is indeed limited to your ascendancy level but also to the nr available.
once you have 3, thats your limit, same for starbases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
remember star bases are also limited by ascendancy but you obviously cant have more than 3 starbases.

There's actually no limit to the number of starbases you can have. But you can only commission one per ascendancy level. The distinction being that you can take starbases from your opponents, and those do not limit you in any way, no matter what ascendancy level you're on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
remember star bases are also limited by ascendancy but you obviously cant have more than 3 starbases.

There's actually no limit to the number of starbases you can have. But you can only commission one per ascendancy level. The distinction being that you can take starbases from your opponents, and those do not limit you in any way, no matter what ascendancy level you're on.

yes thats what i meant to say lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.