Popular Tags: [View All]
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the site is DOA, can someone upload the rulebook pdf to the files section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Scarborough
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duncan,

I have a copy, but I'll need an okay from the © holder to post in Files. I reached out to Herschel. Not sure if I'll get a response at this point, but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go ahead and do it. I figure it was available for free on the (now defunct) website so it should be alright to post for free here on BGG.

**Edit: well crap. The system requires proof that you are authorized to post it. Even though it was free and publically available before the company went the way of the very Theropods it portrays, it's not a necessary license, consent, and/or permission. Another kick in the junk. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scarborough1 wrote:
Duncan,

I have a copy, but I'll need an okay from the © holder to post in Files. I reached out to Herschel. Not sure if I'll get a response at this point, but...

Which means it'll never get posted since he appears to have done his best impression of Brave, Brave Sir Robin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to upload but the rulebook was to image heavy and is over 100 MB. Too much for BGG.

The only one I care about is the only one I have and that is the 1st edition one as I like the Boss battles to end the game and not PvP.

I have only the 1st edition PDF available as a file here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z11fyw5jx1z532x/apex_ruleb...

Tried using the Wayback machine to grab the newer 2nd edition but the link only downloads the older rulebook and not the newer one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you can find something interesting:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23747571#23747571
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nekrodamus wrote:

That's just straight up illegal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Uffrahst
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Idaho11 wrote:
Now that the site is DOA, can someone upload the rulebook pdf to the files section?

I have the 1st and 2nd edition rule books here:

http://www.houstongamers.org/apex/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paschal
United States
Sanford
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
nekrodamus wrote:

It is. It needs to come down immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it does help those who might never get everything so grab it while you can.

Archiving files for historical purposes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Marquez
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sturm88 wrote:
Idaho11 wrote:
nekrodamus wrote:

It is. It needs to come down immediately.

I only try to help those who HH left with an unusable (and very expensive) pile of cards. Mi intention is not to make any kind of profit with his work or distribute it to everyone. That's why I didn't make public the link to the files but ask for a private message. I'm doing what HH should have done: To bring to those who paid for it a complete game.
If the owner of the copyright (HH, DHG or whoever) asks me not to distribute those files, I'll stop doing that, but not before he gives us all we paid for. I'm trying to solve a problem that originates in something that I'm beginning to call a theft.

Besides, there are some files (all the PDFs) that were in DHG's webpage for anyone to download (til the page went down with the company and HH himself). Here, someone asked for the rulebook... One of those PDFs is the latest rulebook I get from that page. I was offering that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nekrodamus wrote:
Mi intention is not to make any kind of profit with his work or distribute it to everyone.

Doesn't matter. Neither are the people who rip TV shows and put them on torrent sites.

Quote:
If the owner of the copyright (HH, DHG or whoever) asks me not to distribute those files, I'll stop doing that

Not how it works.

Quote:
but not before he gives us all we paid for.

Really not how it works.

Quote:
I'm trying to solve a problem that originates in something that I'm beginning to call a theft.

The response to that isn't committing your own crime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are in Argentina so not very likely to see a cease and desist from HH so keep hosting them.

Do not worry about all the naysayers as lots of people like to think of themselves as the IP police when they are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.