Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that that a basic tech will allow the action to be performed twice. [or up to 4 times for locations that state it can be used twice normally].

NOW, my question is -- Can I fully use to the action card by putting the correct amount of resources for 2x or 4x the allowed usage or must I split it into two turns.

We played it so you can max out the action card in one-go-around, but I'm starting to think that you you have to split it in two turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it's two turns, as it specifically says you can use the action twice, not get double the benefits of one action. It doubles production, which is different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yup, should of listen to my gut feeling -- wouldn't of change the outcome of the game, but hurts that it was played wrong [other players weren't that hostile to Atlantean player].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you can do it in one turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McMillan
United States
Madison
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
[or up to 4 times for locations that state it can be used twice normally].

Adding a basic technology token to an action only allows it to be performed one extra time. It doesn't double it. From the rules: "Placed on an Action Location allows the player to take the action one more time."

So, an action that can be used twice could only ever be used a total of three times, not four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CarcassonneFreak wrote:
KingD21 wrote:
[or up to 4 times for locations that state it can be used twice normally].

Adding a basic technology token to an action only allows it to be performed one extra time. It doesn't double it. From the rules: "Placed on an Action Location allows the player to take the action one more time."

So, an action that can be used twice could only ever be used a total of three times, not four.

Solid catch! I probably assumed doubled due to the other examples (production and feature)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.