Subject: MassDrop Early withdrawal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Paris

Monforte de Lemos
LUGO
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Terraforming Mars was on massdrop last week and my partner and I were planning on buying it and we had a few days before the mass drop closing date but then all of the sudden it was withdrawn early! A quite unprofesional thing to do on Mass drop and very disappointing.

Not sure what happened and why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
patrocles wrote:
So Terraforming Mars was on massdrop last week and my partner and I were planning on buying it and we had a few days before the mass drop closing date but then all of the sudden it was withdrawn early! A quite unprofesional thing to do on Mass drop and very disappointing.

Not sure what happened and why.

Not 100% sure, but I think I have seen other games do the same thing on MassDrop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine that since the first printing has sold through already and reports from several major distributors indicates that there is some allocation going on, they likely sold through the amount they can get right now.

With their purchasing system, I can't imagine it would go over well if someone joined in late and was told there is no ship date yet for their copy since it would be from the next shipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Paris

Monforte de Lemos
LUGO
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But they didn't put a maximum on the orders. If they had done that we could have seen whether or not we had to get our order in quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was in their newsletter, but I don't see it in their website, but Stronghold Games had this line in the newsletter sent out just 5 days ago:

Quote:
One major distributor contacted me today to say "We are only receiving 1/3 of the copies we ordered!"

If Stronghold wasn't aware of this until recently, I think it is entirely possible that Massdrop might have had no advance notice that there was a limit available to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.