Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oran Barraclough
Australia
Windang
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
After the draft phase The (base) game is mostly solitaire with the exception of razing so I am wondering if You could play it in real time instead of turn based? When razing opponents you still just look around and see what is up grabs but you wouldn't want to take too long as once everyone has passed you cannot raze them. There is also the trust factor but hopefully that won't be an issue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your group must be fairly slow? A 4p game of IS takes roughly 60 minutes with us. We also say what we do with our first couple of turns/uses of a single card, just so we all know whether a card has to be razed or not. It's not exactly filler territory, but it's definitely a quick game.

Having said that, you could of course play real time, but that would take the whole aspect of togetherness out of it, for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hauki Kala
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A 4 player game in 60 minutes? Whoa. Someone is probably doing something wrong then. Could easily be my group. I don't think my group is especially slow (we play 5 player Agricola in about 2h30min) but 4 player Imperial Settlers takes at least 3h, even close to 4h. I really wonder what makes the difference that huge. I can barely play 2 player Imperial Settlers in 1 hour.

I'm seriously thinking of playing it not in real time but like 7 Wonders where everyone takes their turn simultaneously but we wait for everyone to take the turn before moving on to the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Borowiecki
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested to learn what would be your experience if you play it like 7 Wonders.
Potential (unlikely though) problem might take place if you raze the building someone activates or if both players raze the same building.
Though it is nothing that a well experienced player cannot cope with

BTW: The longest 4 player game was close to 1.5h two players were fresh. Otherwise it is close to 1h. Roughly speaking the game is around 15mins per player. Though remember I usually play with experienced board gamers or designers so this might be the factor speeding things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.