Subject: [Spoiler] Captain's Booke entry 133 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matt cramsie
Australia
flag msg tools
So, every 133 reads:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Take 3 linen from the supply and add them to ship(s) of yours in this region. Mark this as a site that produces Linen. You must either two gold or place one enmity token on this site for each linen taken.
which last is obviously a mistype

So, I presume:
you *must* take the linen & then must pay 0-6 gold, or take 3-0 enmity (so, 6 gold to 0 enmity, 4 gold to 2 enmity & so on). Even if you don't keep the linen on the ship, you have to pay the gold, or enmity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
memespawn wrote:
So, every 133 reads:
Take 3 linen from the supply and add them to ship(s) of yours in this region. Mark this as a site that produces Linen. You must either two gold or place one enmity token on this site for each linen taken.
which last is obviously a mistype

So, I presume:
you *must* take the linen & then must pay 0-6 gold, or take 3-0 enmity (so, 6 gold to 0 enmity, 4 gold to 2 enmity & so on). Even if you don't keep the linen on the ship, you have to pay the gold, or enmity.

I think this is the spirit of the books response was going for. I underlined the changes/left out words.

Take up to 3 linen from the supply and add them to ship(s) of yours in this region. Mark this as a site that produces Linen. You must pay either two gold or place one enmity token on this site for each linen taken.

Also remember if you do not have room in your hold for all three then you may not want all three.

Usually if there is a choice in the first part of the entry, yes the wording here made it difficult to tell if it was a choice or not, we let the player make the choice then tell what the consequences are.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.