Baseball Highlights: 2045» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple basic questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
1. Is there any limit to the number of times you can "Pinch Hit?" Obviously, you're limited by the number of PH cards in your hand and you can only use your On Deck card once, but, are you allowed to pinch hit multiple times and draw blindly (when you're without your On Deck card or aren't ready to use it)?

2. If you don't use your On Deck card in a game, do you leave it there for the next game, by default, or do you have to discard it?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Brien
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. Yes. There is no limited to pinch hitting blindly off the top of your deck just as long as you have PH cards to discard.

2. You can either discard it or put in on top of your deck to be used in the next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
tco4545 wrote:
1. Yes. There is no limited to pinch hitting blindly off the top of your deck just as long as you have PH cards to discard.

2. You can either discard it or put in on top of your deck to be used in the next game.

Thanks Tom! Actually, I just saw in the rules again that at the end of the game, each player has the option to discard their On Deck card. But it doesn't actually say that if you don't discard it, you put it on top of your deck. So I just assumed that if you didn't discard it, it stayed where it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

schnel wrote:

2. If you don't use your On Deck card in a game, do you leave it there for the next game, by default, or do you have to discard it?

Thanks!

It's covered in the FAQ. If it's not used you can either discard it or place it on top of your lineup deck at the end of the game.

I highly recommend to download the FAQ (available on BGG in the files section) as it covers a lot of the rules in more detail, and also I think it's the only place that actually states what the Walk action does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a normal game, the limit is 6 and only if each of your players has PH, then you could pinch hit with all 6. If it goes to extra innings, then you can keep pinch hitting until the tie is broken, as long as all the players you use have PH.

There is one card that will guarantee that you can pinch hit with every card you use for one game. Coach Card CO-131 Clutch Hayes Bench: All your players gain the PH ability - which gives PH to all your players for one game.

Wonder why I remember this one so well . . . ??? devil

Enjoy!

Play Ball!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thank you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tco4545 wrote:

Darn, I did not know/notice. So many little details in this game (which is great actually). Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.