2 Posts

Strife: Shadows and Steam» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gambler: Winning Hand & Double Down rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
_ _
msg tools

Are the following interpretations correct:

- Gambler's battle ability 'Winning Hand' should be played as "You may *skip to* Clean Up; if you do,[/i] both players…."

In the event of the Gambler activating its Battle Ability. … The location where the battle was taking place is placed in the location discard pile without any vp being awarded for it.

- If during the Legacy Phase, the Gambler becomes the topmost card (due to Illusionist, Plague Doctor, etc.), activating Double Down is optional.

Strife: Shadows and Steam Rule Book > Game Turn > 3. Legacy Phase wrote:
If another champion… legacy ability may be activated…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hamm
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Thank you for playing and supporting Strife! I am so sorry for the slow answer to your question. I have been distracted from bgg for far too long. Now to your questions:

Question one: Your interpretation of the winning hand is correct. The Battle ends and the round is moved to clean up.

Question two: Double Down is never optional. If the Gambler is placed on top of your Legacy Pile during the Legacy Phase the ability is activated as it is not an optional ability. The ability then checks at the during the combat phase when the winner is determined. Double Down then generates the appropriate effect based on the outcome.

I hope that helps answer you questions! Sorry again for the delayed answer and thanks for playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.