6 Posts

Pax Porfiriana» Forums » Rules

Subject: partner generals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Phillips
United States
flag msg tools
If I have a partner general that boosts my troops firepower, does he only boost the firepower of the associated faction troops or all troops? Example: I have a Local general (white card), does he boost only Local troops or can he boost Federal, revolutionary etc.? I'm guessing only the accociated faction but it's not explicitly defined.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All troops get the benefit, not just the generals faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:
All troops get the benefit, not just the generals faction.

Agree with Marty. The persons depicted on general's cards were rather mercenary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Phillips
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks Phil, maybe you could clarify a couple more points for me; on some of the orange cards it has an X for steal and unrest and it says X = # revolution points. Does that mean the number of revolution points I have, opponent has, or total revolution points by everyone? Secondly, if you move a troop to a district which is not it's specified district during a regime that allows that, and then the regime changes, does the troop get to stay or do you have to discard or retreat the troop immediately? Thanks again for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its the number of YOUR Revolution points. Which make some of these cards ideal for straw man play. You don't have any Rev points ? Great ! Play it on yourself and give yourself some Prestige points.

In your second question, the troop stays. Otherwise, it would be relatively easy to dislodge troops by changing regimes rather than blasting them out or discarding the enterprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Phillips
United States
flag msg tools
Marty S wrote:
Its the number of YOUR Revolution points. Which make some of these cards ideal for straw man play. You don't have any Rev points ? Great ! Play it on yourself and give yourself some Prestige points.

In your second question, the troop stays. Otherwise, it would be relatively easy to dislodge troops by changing regimes rather than blasting them out or discarding the enterprise.

thanks Marty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.