Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are just 2 cloak tokens for Federation. Is that enough?

I though a ship that uncloaked won't remove its echo tokens. Then, when it cloaks again, you are one token too short.

... not saying that my tokens are printed so out of center that you can easily recognize which one is which. Hilarious WK style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One token for the actual ship and one for the echo.

there can never be more of your echo tokens on the board than ships with the cloaking ability in your fleet.

so yes, two are enough for the federation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
LX1986 wrote:
there can never be more of your echo tokens on the board than ships with the cloaking ability in your fleet.

What part of the rules states that?

I can only see that "echoes remain on the board after the ship that created them decloaks" (pg. 16, the last paragraph).
Then when the ship wants to take an action to make another sensor echo, she can.
Echoes apparently leave the board only when scanned for being a ship.

EDIT: you are actually correct. I was searching the forum and found the explanation.

The official wording "You can only add one SE for each cloaked ship you control" is a flimsy, misleading formulation.
Imagine you have one Federation SE floating around and you cloak your Defiant. Then along with the sentence above, you can add another echo, because you control one cloaked ship. But you cannot do that.

So i'd say "You can't add a new echo if the number of existing echoes is equal or higher than number of your cloaked ships."

or

"You cannot create a sensor echo unless you have more cloaked ships on the board than sensor echoes"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.