Jacob Gooch
msg tools
Finished your RPG session and haven't done the washing up? This short game is for you.

^ This could be you! Having fun!

Summary

TVBT (working title) is a short game (>1hr) that you can play whenever you have a pile of dirty dishes and two players. Players take the role of washer and drier and assume characters from an RPG campaign they are playing/have played or invent an original scenario.

The dishes are then transformed into weapons, armour, tools and loot from a recent event in the character's lives. As each piece is being washed it becomes the catalyst for storytelling. Characters reminisce about each piece and tell the story of their recent adventures through them. A dice roll table also adds additional conditions to the proceedings, aiding in progression and adding some flair and fun.

This is a short game with simple rules that will (hopefully) make a nice end to a long night's gaming or just serve as a way to spice up washing the dishes.

You can read the initial draft rules here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xUin3tH0AOfqsHEAlL1PRMnw...

I plan on drafting these a few times before making a nice printable version and releasing it on itch/my personal website.

Let me know what you all think! Thanks for reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smiley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks like a fun idea! Of course, more options are better. Have you considered going to a d20?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.