Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you play an offensives card and not declare any battle hexes? I am at a point in the game where the Jp are so reduced that consolidating their position makes more sense than attacking and using the Log. value plus HQ eff. would allow many more activations than just using the OC of the card plus HQ eff.

In a related question, can you split your activations between strategic and normal movements? I think the answer to both questions is yes but I can't find the answer to either question in the rulebook except by omission - the rules don't specifically say you can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Hellfaier
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
Yes.
Have fun. Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to declare battle hexes. Attacking is voluntary. Note however that if any of your units end their move in a hex with an enemy unit you MUST declare that hex a battle hex.

Activations allow you to move your units in any way you want as long as the moves are legal, there's no problem in splitting between normal and strategic. The only restriction I would say is that if you activate a stack of units, all of them must move in the same way. If you need to have some units within a stack move with regular offensive movement and others with strategic unit, just activate them separately in the same offensive.

EDIT: for clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you mean that even if a unit ends its movement in a hex with a friendly unit you must declare that hex as a battle hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huber-Wehner
Germany
Brühl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if the unit is enemy. You can't attack friendly units in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer2C wrote:
Do you mean that even if a unit ends its movement in a hex with a friendly unit you must declare that hex as a battle hex?

Enemy only. Sorry, I edited my post for clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri P
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Enemy ground, air or HQ unit forces the moving ground unit to stop and declare a battle hex.

8.11 An enemy naval unit does not require a battle hex if a friendly ground unit just moves through it. (I assume the hex would be captured, and the naval unit would need to emergency move away, correct?)

Also, looks like voluntarily stopping at a hex which has only enemy naval units would still create a battle hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks all for your help. Really enjoying this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.