Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Villiage Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so this is my understanding of how moving the Shadow Agents works in a 3-4 player game:

-if no one has the favour of the SM, the Agents stay where they are.

-if someone has the favour of the SM, they have the following options for each Shadow Agent:
1. Leave it where it is (move 0)
2. Move it 1 tile.
3. Remove x number of Hourglasses from the Agent's current location and move it exactly x+1 tiles.

However, in a 2 player game, the rules aren't as clear. The rules say "each Agent CAN move 1 tile (or 2 tiles in a 2-player game)". This is frustratingly vague (like much of this rule book). Saying an Agent CAN move 1 tile is clear-- they move 1 or they don't move 1 (meaning they move 0). But, saying an Agent CAN move 2 tiles is not clear, because this can mean the Agent moves EXACTLY 2 tiles or not at all (2 or 0), or it can mean that the Agent can move UP TO 2 tiles (2,1, or 0). I'm assuming here that "up to 2 tiles" is the intended meaning here, but an official answer would be nice.

Furthermore, when removing hourglasses in a 2 player game, my assumption here is that when removing x hourglasses, the Agent must be moved exactly x+2 tiles.

If both of my assumptions are correct, then the options for moving a Shadow Agent in a 2 player game are:
1. Leave it where it is (move 0)
2. Move it 1 tile.
3. Move it 2 tiles.
3. Remove x number of Hourglasses from the Agent's current location and move it exactly x+2 tiles.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. You could move x+1 for case #4, but it wouldn't make much sense to since presumably you are using up hourglasses to move them further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.