Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are part of a card group consisting of 6 people: us and two other couples. Our main games are Oh Hell!, Cancellation Hearts, and Pitch. We've been enjoying Pitch the most lately, since we find that it's good fun to play "boys vs girls", that is, two teams of three. Sometimes we play Pitch as three teams of two (couple vs couple vs couple). That's got me looking for another team game with cards, which has led me to Durak.

I'm curious whether anyone out there has experience with Durak, and if so, how you would recommend a bunch of six beginners play. Options include team configuration, whether to have more than two attackers, and whether to play with more than 36 cards.

Toward that end I've created a poll. Please add comments too!

Poll: The best way to play 6p Durak is...
1. It's best to play as...
...two teams of three (3x3)
...three teams of two (2x2x2)
...as individuals (1x1x1x1x1x1)
2. It's fine to have more than two attackers
True
False -- stick to no more than two attackers
3. You should use...
...the usual 36 card deck
...an expanded deck
      1 answer
Poll created by cdunc123

P.S. If you have suggestions for other good team-based card games (whether traditional games with a regular deck of cards, or commercial games with specialized decks), I am all ears!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been enjoying Team Play lately with two or three teams of two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.