Subject: Fine-printed rules for you all rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Moore
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
I played the game three times by myself, and enjoyed it (did the demo at Las Vegas but wife pulled me away after two turns).

I went through the rule book again as sometimes there are tiny details anyone can miss out on or easily forget. Below is a list I just made to help everyone to remember the one-time written rules in the book you can easily overlook. I know I did a few things wrong, such as Hits and having Starbases fight in Planetary Invasions.

Fleet: if you build 3 or more ships at the same time at the same place, you may make them into a fleet for free.

Hits: the player who rolled the hits chooses what ships to destroy if there is a choice.

Phenomenon: if you successfully brave it, you may add that research token to a project or to your reserves.

Planetary Invasion: attack still takes casualties, but the roll determines what the outcome is.

Attacker’s Hits > Defender’s Nodes = replace control node with yours
Attacker’s Hits = Defender’s Nodes = destroy every node, including control node, planet is now virgin
Attacker’s Hits < Defender’s Nodes = destroy appropriate number of nodes, except for control node, do another round of combat unless someone retreats/surrenders

Research Nodes: when a rival takes one of yours, you must give them a project of your choice (discard all the research tokens on it).

Space Battles: if there are multiple defenders then the Attacker chooses how they are dividing up the dice before rolling. Defenders individually choose to retreat. See Hits and Starbase.

Starbase: costs a Command to build. You can build ships and Commission fleets at this location. Fight in Space Battles by adding a die to your roll (cannot fight alone and cannot be destroyed). Adds to Hegemony resistance (+1). You gain an exhausted Command when Commissioning it. If you lose it to a rival, they gain your Command (exhausted).

Trade Agreements: must be next to a rival’s territory or ship to initiate first-time trade. Can switch out cards at any time (ex: Federation gives Klingons the two production card and take back the one production card in order to settle a dispute or to barter an agreement).

Warp: exiting warp you may stop on any sector in the Space Lane, instead of stopping in the System (so you effectively warped 1-4 sectors of the Space Lane if you chose to do so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ForlornWolf wrote:

Research Nodes: when a rival takes one of yours, you must give them a project if you exceed your capacity (one project per research node).

correction if you have active projects you must give a rival one if they take a research node. you do not have to be over capacity, you always give them one if you have one active.

if a research node is destroyed you must discard if over capacity.

im actually not clear if you gain a research from an opponent if you hegemony, it seems you would but the paragraph with the rule specifically says invasions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guðmundur Skallagrímson
Canada
flag msg tools
Klaxas wrote:

im actually not clear if you gain a research from an opponent if you hegemony, it seems you would but the paragraph with the rule specifically says invasions.

Bottom of page 21 indicates you do infact receive a rival's active research project with a successful hegemony per research node acquired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guthmundur wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

Bottom of page 21 indicates you do infact receive a rival's active research project with a successful hegemony per research node acquired.

you are correct, that is the exact paragraPH I was reading and i totally missread it thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Moore
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
I admit, I was too tired to bother reading every rule about losing Research Nodes to correct my information (went through it 4 times). It did feel right though, as it would be bullcrap if you had only 1 project on the board and had to give it away because someone took over one of your seven research nodes. I matched it up to the "discard a project if the research node is destroyed and you are under capacity" rule.

I'll fix it, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ForlornWolf wrote:
I admit, I was too tired to bother reading every rule about losing Research Nodes to correct my information (went through it 4 times). It did feel right though, as it would be bullcrap if you had only 1 project on the board and had to give it away because someone took over one of your seven research nodes. I matched it up to the "discard a project if the research node is destroyed and you are under capacity" rule.

I'll fix it, thanks.

well you get to pick the project you give so just spend an action to get 2 more you dont care about as much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.