Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a match in the 2nd round. I already forced an error on my opponent by snookering him but I needed another snooker to be able to win. I found myself unable to play a snooker without using the following variant:

Quote:
The spin path the cue ball takes after hitting the object ball can use the rules for a Double Shot.

Example: There is only Blue, Pink and Black remaining. The blue ball, pink ball and cue ball are in the same column. I play safe of the blue ball and then use the side cushion to get behind pink.

Here is an extension of this variant:

Quote:
A player can use spin to move another ball. The spin path can end on a card with a ball. This ball is moved one card as if is was hit in an attempt to pot in. The card the ball is moved to must be empty. This card adds to the difficulty of the shot. Also, an addition power is required to transfer enough momentum to actually move it.

This allows a ball to be moved into a better position to pot it, but it may also create space to snooker behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
England
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Different shot types may be combined and these variants sound fine.

I mention in the notes at the end of the rules that not every possible scenario is covered (otherwise the rules would be longer than real snooker and I'd still have missed things out). Rather, the framework is hopefully there to enable you to calculate the difficulty of any shot you may consider playing (as long as it's not a shot that would be defy the laws of physics in the real world).

I think that the core mechanic allows different players to play the game at different levels - just use the basic rules or, once familiar with them, move on to more advanced shot types if they want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.