Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Rummikub» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using a joker from a meld: Must you combine it with two from your hand? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Steinberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Our rules say something about using the joker with two tiles from one's hand. Does this mean a joker that is taken from a meld on the table must immediately be used ONLY with EXACTLY two tiles from the player's hand? What about using one form the hand and one from the table?

Here is an example:

In hand: Yellow 6
On table: 8-8-8 (red, yellow, blue); 4-5-6-7-joker-9 (blue); 9-10-11 (red)
Can I break up that group of 8s: add the red 8 to the 9-10-11 run, substitute the blue 8 into the long run for the joker, and then use the joker, and yellow 8, and my yellow 6 to make a new run?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many ways to play it.

The rules read in my sister's copy of the game read just like yours, so that's how we play with her. Further, the joker MUST be replaced with the corresponding tile, so you would need two tiles to use with the joker along with (in your example) a blue 8 to replace it, all from your hand - meaning 3 tiles are needed to re-use a joker.

The app seems to go along with tournament rules, where anything is OK as long as the table is valid when your turn is over.

Play how you like, as long as everyone knows the rules when you start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.