Huge Update for all you Aether Captains backers as long the manufacturer is working on the miniatures' production.
We felt that the game experience of Aether Captains final version didn’t comply with the high standards we have set in our games so we remastered some of the game's aspects offering you a fresh and better experience. Aether Captains now features:
1. Fleet building rules: Pick your flagship and your 2 support ships. Each of these ships unlocks a different action that gets added to your Action Deck so two players will never have the exact same actions.
2. Valuable Resources: All resources now have uses and are valuable each for their own reasons.
3. Round Structure: The game has a clear round structure separated into phases making the rules and timing of things easy and clean. That was one of the things we wanted originally fix and we finally did it.
4. Actions Revamp: The Action systems for both the Pirates and the Navy Commander have been revamped allowing for more tactical choices and hand management while offering faster gameplay. You’ll get to go through almost all of your actions but you have to manage them carefully or you won’t have them when you need them the most.
5. No Player Elimination: All players will be there at the end and all will have a fighting chance to win. Destruction of your ships is not without cost though so guard them well. It was a tough choice in this game.
6. Objectives and Point System: The objectives have been made in a different way! The Pirates draw from an Objective deck and secretly discard some of their objectives and keep the ones they want, when they score one they get to draw again and keep going scoring as many as they can before the game is up.
Each objective gives them Arkady credits based on its difficulty and at the end each player is trying to collect as many Credits as possible.
7. Rebalancing and Cleaning: All actions have been balanced so that the game is consistent and all the rules are clear to the players.
8. More Strategic: Strategy and outthinking the other players is more vital than ever with so many choices in fleet building, unique actions for each player and secret objective you never know what’s coming next so prepare yourself for the worst and learn to anticipate your opponent’s movement.
We are really proud to present this final version of our game and we believe you will share on our enthusiasm when you play it for yourselves. Aether Captains has never been better and you can expect even more changes coming on our two expansions. We have always tried to offer quality in our games and that is why we wouldn’t have been satisfied if we didn’t offer you the best experience we can.
We did not change components or the stretch goals, we only polished all the material we had to offer a nice adventure.
Here you can dowload the current version of the rules. Please ignore any errors. Our team finalizes the graphic layout and edits the rules as we speak: https://www.dropbox.com/s/butj3ruubumnyp2/Aether-Captains-V2...
Above all we love Todd Sander's universe and we want to make this game as perfect as possible. See you in the skies over Arkady ;P