Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hecker
Australia
Kallista, jewel of the Dandenongs
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, but if there is an opportunity out there...?!

Waiting for the final errata to be released before cracking this one open again. The last solo play turned into a dreadful mess for the British; wonder if I had missed something in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my personal view of any game played for the first few times, solo or with players face to face or by e-mail is that players make mistakes, they learn, and the games are a mess until finally, after half a dozen playings, they begin to figure the rules and make sense of them enough to create the beginnings of tactics and strategy. I've never played a game straight out of the box, especially alone, and done a good job.

Yes, I'd like to play it via Vassal. And perhaps waiting for rules updates would be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hecker
Australia
Kallista, jewel of the Dandenongs
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. But to do a historically worse job that how these historically horrible commanders performed, was no small feat!

Anyway, the most recent note on this game has an indicative note that the errata will be out at the end of September.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd4c87a

BTW, are you aware of the British 'bot version, where you play solo as the defending Germans? Not given it a run through yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I saw that solo variant. Wasn't much interested. Never found those kind of "programmed" moves concepts to work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Preziosi
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Gents,

Life has intervened with a few deaths in the family and other issues, but believe me I am desperately trying to at least get all of the questions gathered by the end of the month and get working on them ASAP with George Pearson.

Andrew

PS: Tom...I sent you an Email a few weeks back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, I received it. But other than those few questions I had at the beginning, I haven't found anything. In fact it seems others found things in the scenarios that I'd not noticed.

Can't wait to see your book.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.