Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H. S.
Germany
Nidderau
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a simple question: are the scenatios in the expansions of the same length or shorter/longer than the base game? I would prefer it if they were shorter, but I would like to know in advance about the expansion..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never actually timed them. But I would say in Heart of Glorm it's about the same, and in Downwood tales it's a bit longer.

There are enemies in this set that take more effort to beat, and advancing from one tile to the next is less straightforward (more detours).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same length.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rothe
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenarios are a bit longer in Downwood Tales. The evidence is in the book. It's about 40 pages longer for the same amount of chapters.

Glorm does have similar length though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. S.
Germany
Nidderau
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your insights! Sigh, guess I have to wait then until my boy gets a little more patience for the longer scenarios..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I hear ya on the patience... my daughter (she's 8 yrs old) and I played all the way through Sorrow & Rememberance, and Heart of Glorm, and she did pretty well... there were a few times she got a little distracted by the end, and once or twice we had to stop in the middle of a chapter and come back later...

But with Downwood, it was almost every chapter she couldn't seem to keep focused all the way through.

I'm not sure if it's because the extra complexity, or the longer play time, or what. After chapter 6 I decided we'd take a break for a while... and then we got some new games that have sort of taken the limelight... you know how it is... new games... so now we've been away from Downwood so long that I think we'll just start at the beginning again when we return. But yeah, I'm not sure when that will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.