Subject: 3 + bot for an evening of fun. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mart van de Wege
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
A mutual friend came over and joined me and my gf in a game of 3, her taking the Syndicate, my gf the Goverment, me the 26 July Movement, with the DR bot rounding out the game.

The ladies comprehensively beat me, Government +4, Syndicate +1 vs. both DR and 26 July at -5 (what's the tie breaker in that case, btw?).

The game was intense, with the Syndicate slowly building up, and the government aggressively sweeping out of its cities and building bases with train. The DR bot was spoiling most of my 26 July moves.

The Government got a good lead when 'Batista Flees' fell just before the third propaganda Card. My gf took the hit to Resources as a no-brainer, as she would get a whole lot of money back in Aid in the subsequent Propaganda round. With a Government flush with cash she held grimly on to the Cities and made life merry hell for me in Las Villas, which quickly turned into a battleground Province.

The Syndicate player made only one big mistake, and it was a whopper: we realised after the final tally that a single Terror Op in Havana (which was at Passive Support + 1 Terror) on the last card would have given her the win, as the Government didn't have the cash to buy back two Terror markers and bring Havana back up to Active Support. We chalked it up to being tired after a very intense last round.

The game ran for four hours, mostly because the last round was a nasty puzzle for all of us to find scoring opportunities.

It's still a heck of a fun game, even when losing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mvdwege wrote:
The ladies comprehensively beat me, Government +4, Syndicate +1 vs. both DR and 26 July at -5 (what's the tie breaker in that case, btw?).

From the rules:
Quote:
7.1 Ranking Wins and Breaking Ties
Whenever all of any player’s Factions (or Non-player, 8.0) pass
a victory check (7.2), or if none does by game end, the Faction
that reached the highest victory margin (7.3) comes in 1st place,
2nd-highest comes in 2nd place, and so on. Ties go to Non-players
(8.0), then Syndicate, then Directorio, then 26July.
(emphasis added)

Glad you enjoyed the game!

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mart van de Wege
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Well, we all agreed that since I tied with a bot, that would count as a loss to me. Good to see the formal rules agree; yesterday I was so tired I overlooked that particular sentence, but it is obvious in retrospect.

So well done me, I came in fourth, after a bot. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.