Rivet Wars: Eastern Front» Forums » General

Subject: Strategic Point control question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilles Villeneuve
msg tools
mb
Hello,

I've played my first RW game this weekend and my friend and I were wo dering something about the scoring of VP in the 1st scenario.

It says that when you control a Strategic Point, you get 1 VP for it. But when exactly is the point?

At the end the capturing player turn? If so, that's what we did but we fou d it really unfair to player #2 if player #1 managed to get to the 6th and winning point.

Shouldn't VP for controlling SP be scored at the beginning of a player's turn instead? This would give the other player a chance to remove the enemy infantry fromthe SP.

Could anyone clarify this for us?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you're almost right:

You capture an SO if you have units in it at the end of your turn.

You control an SO if you have infantry in an SO at the start of your turn.

Don't forget both players must have the same number of turns. So if 1st player scores 6 points the 2nd player get a chance to capture it in their next turn.

We sometimes play that only controlling an SO scores at the end of a turn. That makes for a longer game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Villeneuve
msg tools
mb
That totally makes sens. Thansk Mr. Hill. To us, that part wasn't clearly explained in the manual (or we didn't find part where it was explained)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.