Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastien Phaneuf
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand it's a developement game with an auction. It is supposed to play from 2 to 5 players. From those who have tried it, how is it with 2?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lochrist wrote:
I understand it's a developement game with an auction. It is supposed to play from 2 to 5 players. From those who have tried it, how is it with 2?

Thanks.

As with many two player versions of games, there's more consideration to be given to what hurts your opponent, as well as what is good for yourself. But it's still a good game.

It certainly doesn't feel like a lot of multi-player-games, where the two-player game is only there at all so that they can put "2-5" rather than "3-5" on the box.

David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've now played four two-player games at JKLM Interactive, and it's hard to say - it definitely works with two, but is it long-lasting fun? I slightly doubt it. The number of cards (as there are no duplicate cards in the deck with two players) is quite small, which leads to narrow set of decisions to make.

It's fun, especially when played fast (you can play it in 10-15 minutes online), but it does pale in comparison to San Juan, for example - San Juan seems to offer a lot more variability.

This is something I expect is better when there are more players and more cards available, there'll be more strategies to explore, but right now the two-player game seems a bit constricted. While I'm definitely going to buy the game, I wouldn't recommend it as a two-player game alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it a few times online 2 player and enjoyed it. I'd definitely suggest that you try it on the JKLM site before it's released - after release, it will no longer be free to play online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, I love it 2 player. It's a quick game due to the reduced number of cards and it is possible to take the lead, lose it dramatically, and gain it back with clever play. The only downside is that you can't develop more than once in each area due to their being only one of each card available, but this doesn't seem to make a difference overall to the final scores as the game is shorter anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.