Hide
11 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Transformers set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Snoddy
msg tools
So, having played this, and the Street Fighter deckbuilder, quite a lot, I decided to put together a Transformers set.

In terms of rules, it's pretty much the same game as Street Fighter, with a few changes, so it basically plays the same as a DC Deckbuilder game with a few extra changes on top:

There's a Transform Phase at the start of the round, before you do anything else, to switch between modes if you want to.

Instead of a Super-Villain stack, there's an "Event" stack and a "Transformation" stack. The Transformation that is showing shows you the cost of buying the card. When you buy it, you flip the event and that's what happens to you. The "Counter-Attack" keyword is just the same as "First-Appearance - Attack".

cards under your super-hero can be bought during your turn, as if they are in the line-up, but only by you - no-one else can buy cards under your super-hero.

Having played it through a fair bit, the superheroes seem fairly balanced, although given the number that I've added over time it's possible something's slipped through the net.

I used the "Blank DC" template for Magic Set editor to make the cards, which I absolutely can't take any credit for.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=33881

I then added a new folder for the "Superhero Size" cards, and altered the "Style" file to accomodate the size.

The four MSE files are here, as is the super-sized style file.

http://tinyurl.com/Transformers-Deck-Builder

I've used artwork that's available on public sites, predominantly www.tfwiki.net, so hopefully that avoids any copyright violations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested, but the link is not working for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Snoddy
msg tools
Apologies - not sure why, but my Google Drive had sharing switched off. It's now on, you should be able to see it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 404-ing for me. Might be easier to put them up as images here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
It's 404-ing for me. Might be easier to put them up as images here?

Still not working

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Snoddy
msg tools
Aha! BGG has cut the end off the link. I've TinyUrl'd it now.

If it still doesn't work, I'll look at getting the images onto the thread instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can now open the link, but they all seem to be compressed in a format I can't open.
It'll be much easier to discuss them if they're actually here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Snoddy
msg tools
I'm so sorry, I think I might have to give up on this.

I can only seem to upload one card at a time, so either do that 195 times for the entire deck, or sort my files into "Print 4 of these", "Print 3 of these" categories... and that's before I get to the super-heroes!

Either way, that's not really in a user friendly, printable format.

Having just done a test run, the files definitely aren't zipped - I downloaded them, changed the file title to "Test" rather than "Transformers Set", and dropped them into my MSE file, and it worked fine - in addition to my normal sets, there was a "test" set there alongside them.

Here's a few samples, if you're interested, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dig the Transform dynamic. Having effectively two Superheroes that you choose between in a given turn is cool. Are there cards that let you also Transform mid-turn? That could be neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Snoddy
msg tools
There is a card that does that, but it's one of the high point, victory stack cards. Having it more often would kind of take away from having to make the choice - or at least, that's how I felt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, although the exact timing of things could make it tricky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.