Istanbul» Forums » Rules

Subject: Go back to same tile over and over again? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maik Otto
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey all,

let's assume I land on the post office leave an assistant and take the stuff. In the next round I just use my two moves to jump 1 tile forth and then back to the post office pick up my assistant and get the next stuff again. Next round I move 1 tile forth and 1 back leave my assistant ... and so on. Is that allowed? And if what's the point of the card to not move your merchant? I couldn't find a statement in the rules that you cannot move back to the tile you are comming from. In general it would mean that you just stay on one tile and pick up and leave your assistant for as many rounds as you want.

Thanks for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the English rules, Page 4: (Bolding as in the rule book)

1. Movement
Move your Merchant and the stack of Assistants under him (if any) by 1 or 2 Places. You may not move diagonally and you must end up on a different Place than you started at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can not visit the same tile twice in a row.

You could visit the Post Office, drop an assistant there, and then on your next turn, move one or two spots away, and then on the turn after that go back to the post office to pick up your assistant and perform the action again.

But you can't do it in two turns in a row. As you noted, if you could, why would you need the "move 0" bonus card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
1. Movement
Move your Merchant and the stack of Assistants under him (if any) by 1 or 2 Places. You may not move
diagonally and you must end up on a different Place than you started at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Otto
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for the fast replies.
Now I saw the statement in the rules "different". Just read over it. Even though it was printed in bold letters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yavuz Öztürk
Turkey
flag msg tools
You can use the double action bonus card of post office which allows you to make the post office action twice in the same round.

But as mentioned, in the movement phase, you must move to another place than you started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.