Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're getting it going. Here's a link to a form to collect some info and confirm players https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfEtfbnskSY58tbJSLz...

-----------------------------------------

Let's see if there's enough interest to get a league going. If you are give this post a green thumb and/or leave a post here. It would be nice to have at least 10 wanting in.

My idea for the league would be everyone would get their entire season schedule. You then contact your opponents to schedule your matches. No need to play them in order, just get the matches in by the deadline. Which would be a few months out.

At the end of the season there would be the playoffs that would be held at a particular place and time. The playoffs would likely be semi-finals followed by the finals. This can be adjusted depending on the number of participants.

As for standings I think just going with total World Series game wins would work. The 3-game mini season games will never count towards your standings. So at the end of your match if you won the World Series 4-2. You would have 4 points in the league and your opponent 2. I find this to be more accurate to the talent of the players, in a short season, than straight match wins and losses.

Now for the format of the season. We can keep it simple and just play exactly as the rules say. Both opponents prior to playing decide if they want to play with any or all of the expansions.

Or, a more interesting format would be you keep all, or some, of the free agents you bought for the next match. Perhaps we have some type of cap system. Perhaps after the game you can only keep 20 points worth of free agents into the next game. And possibly that you always must start with at least one veteran from your original team when starting a match. That way at the end of the season and playoffs you at least have someone that started the season.

This would be more interesting and fun but more difficult logistically as well. If everyone has a copy of the game and all the expansions then no problem. If not then it probably wouldn't work and we just go with the simple format.

I'm thinking a $5 fee would be nice so that the winner can get a trophy of some sort. And it kinda makes people more serious if you make em pay a little.

Ok, so thoughts, ideas, questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like 4 interested so far, or just wanting to offer their support. What's the minimum player count to make the league enjoyable? I'd like to see 10 players. Maybe 8 would be enough though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg I
msg tools
I would be interested. How many games would we play? Divisions or what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chiken Nipplz wrote:
I would be interested. How many games would we play? Divisions or what?

Depends on the number that participate. I'm thinking if we have ten or less then the schedule will be you play each opponent twice, one as the home team first in the world series and one as the visitor first. The idea being you would plan on playing both your matches when you meet. Though you wouldn't have to.

I wouldn't do divisions until we had many in the league.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to leave people hanging on this. Is there still an interest? I guess I'm willing to give a small league a try, say 4 people would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Snyder
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested. Just played over the weekend actually and enjoyed breaking it out again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Champlin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in the league. I have the base set and a handful of expansions. Sounds like the league would be casual so we wouldn't worry about what expansions were used for each matchup. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see everyone having all the expansions. That makes things easier as my plan for the league is one guy you bought during your match you get to keep for your next match. This happens after every match. Once the playoffs start you'll be starting with a well polished deck. It's basically the tournament format but spread out over a season.

I'll be sending out a questionnaire to fill out shortly. With this info I'll be able to figure out the exact format for the league.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested.
I have the Kickstarter version with all the add-ons, etc. I think it's the same as deluxe. I'll check.
I didn't get anything else since (like teams).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dunaiski
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the schedule for me but I'm interested. I've had the game for a while but put it up for sale because it wasn't getting any play in. This might be enough to get me to keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link to the form I'd like every player to fill out. This will help with deciding the league format and getting confirmation of players. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfEtfbnskSY58tbJSLz...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Champlin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to this. I'm excited to get more plays of Baseball Highlights in. I've played the iPad app and the solo version a bunch of times. I'd event be open to a single tournament style day. I missed the last one that Level Up did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ajmotylinski wrote:
Looking forward to this. I'm excited to get more plays of Baseball Highlights in. I've played the iPad app and the solo version a bunch of times. I'd event be open to a single tournament style day. I missed the last one that Level Up did.

I'm ready to get going if you are. I've set up a system where people can join in at any time during the season. So if interest picks we can take more players. I'll be at Level Up Monday night (today) if you want to meet up for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to do a league night at Level Up on the 20th. It isn't mandatory to come to it to play your games. Just a great way to get some of your games in. I'll be sending the list of games soon. We can actually have people join the league pretty much at any time. I guess I'd like to see at least 6 players. Level Up will be promoting the league through there usual methods so perhaps that'll help gain interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The league is ready to go. Here's a link to the official game chart https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ecoMlSJ_PPZiejYLIjhO....

It shows the game schedule and rosters of each team. Also there's a tab to get the format of the league. And a 3rd tab that tries to give a comparison of all the starter teams.

I have Drew and Brian and myself in the league. Hopefully we can get a few more. When you're done with a series just send me the results. Wins, losses and which free agents were kept. Post here or send me an email or geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at Level Up tonight if anyone wants to come by and get some games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at Level Up tonight again if anyone wants to get some games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian, Drew, Eric, I'll have you guys pick your starter team here. Basically first come first choice. Just post which team you want and it's yours. Since I have more teams I'll just pick whatever is left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Bos
2) San Fran
3) NY
4) LA

1d4 = (4) = 4

LA it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1070022. SmedleyX
  • 1d4 =
  • (4) =
  • Wed Apr 5, 2017 10:32 pm
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric and I got the first series in earlier tonight. I took MN as my home team.

Our series went back and forth but in the end Eric won the 1st series 4 to 3.

Eric kept on his team Chris B, BF-207 and I kept Mookie R, NM-153

So Eric currently is in 1st place. Congrats!

We decided that in subsequent games if either of these players are in the FA row players may purchase them just for the current series. They may not permanently add them to their roster. This in part helps to give some incentive to get your games in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys, Let's play some Baseball!
Mark and I are currently tied.
We can't play anymore until some other folks join in.
Set up a series and post. If you want to get together at the same time, post your availability, and we can get some games in.

It's good fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone going to Level Up Games for International Tabletop Day?
If so, let's plan to play a match or two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea though I was out of town. Most Monday nights at Level Up works for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.