Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: Any wargamers in the Tweed/Gold Coast Region? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Tonks
Australia
Gold Coast MC
Queensland
flag msg tools
Hi all

Anyone aware of any wargamers in the Tweed/Gold Coast area?

I live at Mudgeeraba.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister P
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Murwillumbah and I enjoy some light wargames like C&C: Ancients, Twilight Struggle and Axis & Allies.

There is a club that meets at Bond University on Saturday nights. Some of my friends used to go to it and really enjoyed themselves. You may meet some other wargamers there.
Google "Gold Coast Board Games Club" for more info or PM me if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tonks
Australia
Gold Coast MC
Queensland
flag msg tools
I have contacted those guys before at Bond. No wargamers there.

Thanks anyway. The Gold Coast is pretty much a wasteland wargaming wise. I have posted in the NSW section for the Tweed, so maybe some better luck there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo God
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Irresistable Force located at Tanah Merah. It's between Ikea and the gold coast. They do mini's gaming. Lots of tournaments each week. Check out their site for details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meng Tan
Australia
Bridgeman Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm expecting to be working on the Gold Coast (Southport & Robina) from January next year - happy to play 2-player wargames on a weeknight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tonks
Australia
Gold Coast MC
Queensland
flag msg tools
Sounds great. I would be up for that. Drop me a line closer to the time or if you are down this way before hand maybe drop in for a meet and greet. I have a big table and a room where we can leave our game set up for a long period. I am at Mudgeeraba. Right next to Robina.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedPlanet
Australia
Gold Coast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasteland? yes.

that's why I discovered vassal.

but in the coming year I have resolved to reach out to a real human and have some F2F gaming!

I see your a hardcore hex and counter man ........

I've been stuck on blocks forever!

maybe there is a happy medium?

Just starting to get into Paths of Glory .........

I might pm you in the near future?.... see how work goes

james at coolangatta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tonks
Australia
Gold Coast MC
Queensland
flag msg tools
I have up till recently been playing vassal PBEM 'The US Civil War' It is a fab mid level game. Be very happy to host you for a game FTF at my place in Mudgeeraba. I have a table where we can leave the game set up and play it out over several weeks. I would also eventually give POG a go too. You might be my saving grace as I am about to give up on FTF war board gaming altogether.

Please PM if interested.

As an aside I don't suppose you have a PS4 do you?

I am very much hooked on World of Tanks ATM and looking for a platoon buddy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Loot Room Au
Australia
Beenleigh
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Loot Room runs a Friday night meetup at the Beenleigh Neighbourhood Centre. Check the events on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/thelootroomau/

There are no wargames taking place there at the moment but you can certainly play them there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedPlanet
Australia
Gold Coast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

PS3! ha

I'm still here , but work is 6 days a week ..........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Skurr
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
Have you checked out Good Games at Southport. I thought they had a wargaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jackson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Come on Gold Coasters!

Mr Tonks is a quality wargamer, and a good communicator who commits to what he's doing. If I was on the Gold Coast I'd be gaming with him all the time.

Give the man a game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Skurr
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
What classifies as a war-game ?

I can play a few board games... such as

SmallWorld, Cry Havoc.

I used to play Russian Campaign and Starship Troopers. These are all boardgames, with a War like basis. Just not what i considered a "War-game", i am reading into this miniatures and tape-measures, am i wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tonks
Australia
Gold Coast MC
Queensland
flag msg tools
Hi all

Sorry but for the past few months my enthusiasm for board gaming has been gradually waning. To the extent that now I have to admit I am in a hiatus. The lack of a reliable opponent over the past 12 months led me to seek other interests and I now happily spend my spare time modelling scale ships and playing PS4.

I will bump this thread if and when I get the board war gaming bug again.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.