$30.00
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

NEXT SESSION : Wednesday September 21, 2016.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
COST: FREE!!
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice turnout last night. We had more than the dart league, I think.

I started out by teaching Automania to Alain and Frank and Bill joined in for their second play of this fun worker placement. In the first round I took the extra worker tile and only managed a couple of scrubby cars which I placed, with relatively little competition, in the European market and scored some nice VPs to start. Alain had taken an "extra money" tile and started using that to get himself a bit of a money engine. Later, I added an extra popularity office tile while the rest added an extra car sale worker tile and Bill also took an extra worker office tile. In the third round I took a second extra worker office tile that gave me two workers. I was able to use these to add some popularity to my third and fourth round cars which allowed me to place on better boats and gain high enough popularity to fulfill some contracts. Alain pulled some bad contracts and never was able to really fulfill them. In the fourth round, after adding a second popularity office worker, I was able to produce some very high value compact cars and sell them in the North American markers and take the first three sales spots, earning me lots of cash and some good VPs. In the end, that (and producing only small cars in the 4th round) helped me score me 10 VPs for the most cash and helped lead to my first victory ever in this game. In the past, I've always passed out of the production phase early to get the extra tile bonus. I didn't get a chance this time and I did better than ever. Maybe I've learned something.

Next, Andrea joined Frank, Bill and me for a game of Quadropolis (classic variant). It was Andrea's first game and she picked it up well enough to beat the three of us. I had hoped to get a nice run of harbours and, while I scored the most points on these buildings, I found myself only slightly ahead of the others. Bill scored in all five categories, sharing the lead in tower blocks. Andrea didn't get any buildings but she scored all 20 points for public service buildings and led in both factories and parks. That gave her a very nice victory. Frank scored well in harbours, public service buildings and tower blocks to take second.

Other games I saw played were Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar, Saint Malo, Spyrium, BANG! The Dice Game and Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King.

I'll see you all next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.