Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I finally got a chance to get Black Plague to the table and decided to run the intro scenario from the base game rulebook. The idea is that all of the survivors need to cross the two tile map and reach a mage portal which they can exit the board from. So I randomly chose six survivors, one of which was Gowan, our titular hero.

The group of fleeing survivors made it's way across the map, knocking out any opposition with ease. Gowan, with his Highlander-esque regeneration, made sure to be front and center when it came to taking any damage. He was a great tank, especially once he picked up some chainmail armor. Things were going great. It was easy.

Too easy...

The group of survivors made it to the final room, and in doing so unlocked the spawn point which was located just outside the final room's door. Gowan, holding up the rear, was a step or two behind but not really in any danger, although a large group of runners and wolves were quickly catching up. He had time.

One by one the survivors entered the mage portal and teleported to safety. Gowan, however, ended his last turn two actions short of being able to enter the room and activate the portal. He was standing on the spawn, and awaited what was coming with confidence. In just a moment he would be able to step into the room and through the portal to join his companions, who had...well, sort of left him behind. Kind of annoying, but not really a big deal. He was Gowan, nothing was going to stop hi-

Suddenly, due to an unfortunate spawn card draw, he was assaulted by 3 wolves and 3 walkers. The sheer number of attackers made it impossible for him to withdraw from combat, so he found himself fighting against overwhelming odds. He slew the three wolves and only took a little damage from the remaining walkers thanks to his armor. His wounds healed and he slew another walker. His confidence began to return as the numbers of attackers dwindled, and although a large group was approaching from the direction of the vault he had passed through, he knew he still had enough time to finish off his current attackers and make it through the portal.

And then sound of growling echoed down the street as four more wolves emerged from the darkness...

Gowan's companions waited on the other side of the mage portal, silent for the most part, except for the occasional quiet mumble stating something along the lines of "I swore he was right behind us". Blame was passed, and unrealistic notions of passing back through the portal to get him were presented. In the end, they made camp for the night at the portal site hoping that their missing companion would emerge from the portal.

When morning came they picked up their gear and quietly broke camp. Five survivors, where once there were six.

---

Note to self, if all of your survivors have to survive to complete the quest...keep them together!! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great reminder...even better story!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
One thing I am loving about this game, as you have done, is making each scenario a story or a continuing story in a world gone to hell. It is very easy to do with this version of Zombicide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.