United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
deleted OP again?

No. I am curious if there are any benefits to owning more than one copy of this game other than as a backup or something you can trade/sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't think of anything that would be beneficial for this game if you had a second copy other than having backup pieces in case pieces get lost or damaged. You could conceivably have a larger number of each unit type to field, but that upsets the balance of the game, since the components are meant to be played with a limit based on the number of pieces in the game. For example, you could theoretically build a whole bunch of strongholds if you had a second box, but that would make it near impossible for other armies to penetrate into your areas.

Another example is the Reanimates where they are meant to be limited by the number of figures you have. That's the whole reason you get Reanimate tokens in the expansion, and that's an upgrade you have to pay for in the game. To just let the Waiqar player have nearly unlimited Reanimates is perhaps too powerful with the Necromancer's ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Graves
United States
Norwalk
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
No but people I have introduced to the game have bought 3 copies of the base game plus the expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
Anduin wrote:
deleted OP again?

No. I am curious if there are any benefits to owning more than one copy of this game other than as a backup or something you can trade/sell.

Absolutely none.

You could argue a good thing to have multiple Fate Decks, since the very large amount of downtime in our games comes from passing it across the table.

AFAIK, it is the reason I've started rejecting calls to play this game. Passing through all those cards is god damn so annoying; I guess you could assign one man to always draw and resolve those cards, however that takes away a part of the strategy as the fate cards sometimes have impact on whether or not optional special abilities are activated, which tactical cards are played, etc.

It would, of course, also ruin the game in a sense, since the Fate Deck has got 30 cards for a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbblasterfire wrote:
Anduin wrote:
deleted OP again?

1. More fate decks.
2. The expansion allows the Undead player to have more Reanimates represented by token, you could use miniatures for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, but it'd be harder to know how many reanimates you have available before the update.

Fate decks may be proxied, I don't think that's such a big issue.

An app would be brilliant for the fate and season deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Half of the point of the Fate Decks is to check how many Neutrals and Successes have passed, for Questing and Dueling purposes, as well as for Diplomacy.

Multiple Fate Decks kind of ruins the point of the game.

I'll always remember the game the sole remaining card in the Fate Deck was 1 success, allowing me to recruit with 1 influence an army containing a Dragon, 2 Giants and 2 Razorwings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Sargeras777: I gotta ask: Why is there a RuneAge fan and a RuneBound fan microbadge, but no RuneWars?
Same question: Why is there a poster level 1, 2, and 4 but no level 3?
I have to knoooow laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mvl4d wrote:
Yes, but it'd be harder to know how many reanimates you have available before the update.

Fate decks may be proxied, I don't think that's such a big issue.

An app would be brilliant for the fate and season deck.

IIRC 16 reanimates plus 8 after the upgrade. The tokens do look bad and break immersion. Not a reason enough to buy a second box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anduin wrote:
@Sargeras777: I gotta ask: Why is there a RuneAge fan and a RuneBound fan microbadge, but no RuneWars?
I have to knoooow laugh

If you look under my username, I do have RuneWars badge. There are at least two I think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
Anduin wrote:
I have to knoooow laugh

If you look under my username, I do have RuneWars badge. There are at least two I think

Thanks! Though I was asking Atanasije specifically about his badges whistle
I already own the Runewars badge myself laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.