Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey everybody! So this idea started up as a joke of creating a Smash Bros. Expansion and turned into a special surprise for my girlfriend. It's mostly intended to be a little silly, but fun!

So I humbly request any advice, comments, critics, and praise before I send these guys off to CowCow, ArtsCow, or PrinterStudio in a month or sometime.

Hope you guys enjoy it!!!!!

First up, the main attraction: The Villager!
Basically, after cooking up a Link and Zelda Smash Bros set, I wanted to make my favorite addition: The Villager. But...I really couldn't think of a thing I liked. I'll be honest, I got inspired after looking thru the Big Trouble in Little China expanions. Borrowing an idea from their Jack Burton cards, I found a theme I liked. I also like to note that Villager is often called Killager when my brothers and I play, so KOing cards seemed very fitting to me. He's also based more off of his Smash Bros appearance.

Next up, Isabelle
Funny enough, Isabelle is what I made (kinda as a joke) while I stumbled around failed ideas for Villager. This is what started the idea for an Animal Crossing expansion. She's the Mayor's assistant (You are the mayor in the new games) so being helpful just seemed fitting. A real team player.

Now for everyone's favorite, K.K. Slider
The wandering musician used to swing by every Saturday night to play a song, until the new club (in the newest game) where he DJs every night, saving his guitar for that special Saturday jam session. Based on good vibes, KK doesn't look to fight.

I couldn't resist bringing in The Neighborhood Watch
These three villagers dress up as super heroes every day of the year. So it's only fitting that these heroes join in. Since they work originally in a team of three, I figured a Spectrum based theme would be perfect, as well as they try to keep a watch on the Villain deck.

In Animal Crossing, you get to name your town. My first town on the gamecube version was called Pallet Town (So original, right?). And the town is full of a random assortment of villagers who might move some day, or perhaps new ones will move in. Etherway, this is sort of a dedication to my old town and my favorite Villagers/Friends (As well as my GF's favorites).

So that was your five Hero sets, let's move on to the Masterminds!

First up, anyone who has played this game could see this coming:
Tom Nook
When you start the game, you find yourself needing a home. No worries, Nook will set you up. Wait...you are broke? No worries, Nook will give you a loan...Pay off that loan? Awesome! Nook is so happy he'll upgrade your home. Oh, and you have to pay for the upgrade. Welcome back to being in debt. And the cycle continues...

His nephews works as his henchmen. These cute little guys work in Nook's store and will buy your stuff off you and sell you new stuff.

And a fearsome Evil: The Happy Room Academy
This mysterious force sends you weekly letters critiquing your home. You know...cause some how they know exactly how you decorate your house...The only faces you ever see are just loyal assistants such as Lyle and Digby (you'll see him later).

Their Villain group contains "Ideal" ways you can decorate your house.

Finally, we have the schemes. Only two to fit the 100 card limit.
Full disclosure, as of this post, they are not play-tested. Especially Paying off the Loan. I know that will probably need some work.

And for a special bonus, maybe the 3D cards of this set? (har har) Here is a bonus Villain group to play with. I made it so I could have a full Animal Crossing themed 2-player game with my GF. And yes, some of them are Divided cards. Couldn't resist, I love that mechanic haha.
Mr. Resetti is known for being annoying. In a game that wants you to "live life", Mr. Resetti is your punishment for resetting your game without saving. He tends to be loud and grumpy.
Kicks first showed up as a shoe shiner, basically changing the color of your shoes. Now he owns the shoe store.
Brewster owns the cafe where you can relax with a very very hot cup of joe.
Digby works for the HRA and is Isabelle's brother. He shows you highly approved rooms from other players to help encourage you to decorate.
Kapp'n is a friendly singing pal who gives you rides to the tropical island.
Mabel and Sable are the Able sisters who sell clothes and let you make your own designs.
Reese and Cyrus are new members who open up a auction & refurbishing store.
Blathers and Celeste work in the museum. Blathers being in charge while Celeste is usually playing with the telescope and looking at stars.

*EDIT* Real quick, just wanted to explain that Ascend:_____ is my shorthand keyword meaning: "Escape: This Villain ascends to become a Mastermind with the Masterstrike '______'." I found this a much easier and shorter. Better for fitting more stuff on a card too.

So I wouldn't be surprised if practically no one on here has played Animal Crossing. That's fine, like I said this was a more personal expansion. But I'd still love any feedback!!

*EDIT* I went back and added some character backstory for the "Villains".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Foster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Amazing! My wife loves animal crossing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!! I hope she gets a kick out of this expansion then!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is as interesting as it is bizarre. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Okay, I play-Tested the Loan scheme, and ouch. It was brutal. I knew it needed better balancing, but man that wasn't fun haha. Hopefully this version works better. I'll report back when I play-test it a bit!

Also, for all the fans out there, if there is a character or anything you'd like to request I add to the expansion, just let me know!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Lindsay
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. Im thinking I need this expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
cynnamongurl wrote:
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. Im thinking I need this expansion!

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had you considered making Resetti a divided card with Don Resetti?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
You know, somehow that completely slipped my mind haha. I could totally do that. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some re-edits I did of your recruitable Villains without the cost icon if you're interested, I did them months ago but haven't gotten around to doing the Model Room ones:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
That is so awesome of you!!!

Thank you!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got around to the Model Room Villains:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.