Rune Age» Forums » Rules

Subject: Destroying oppossing unit (who choose?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Lam
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Like Darnati Warrior and Bowman, who get to choose which card to destroy?

I am inclined to let the opponent choose. Otherwise, this card is too powerful.

Using Bowman (with combat strenght 2)as example, if the card owner choose the strongest card to kill (e.g. 4 points).It will make a huge point differece of 4+2=6 plus making opponent to loss an expensive card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoever plays the card gets to choose what unit to destroy. So if I play a Bowman, I get to choose which of your units gets destroyed. It's not too powerful; it's the entire purpose of the card.

It's balanced against the fact that pretty much every faction has access to cards like these, plus the neutral cards that also act this way. It's also balanced against that fact that these cards only work on opponent's units, not against enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Lam
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

What is the different between opponent's unit not against enemies?

Thanks,
Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonylhf wrote:

Opponent's units are units belonging to other players.

Enemies are certain types of events. (I.e. neutral / non-player "units" - but enemies are not really "units".)

The terminology is important, and many people have been confused about that. See Rune Age FAQ if you've not already read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
tonylhf wrote:

Opponent's units are units belonging to other players.

Enemies are certain types of events. (I.e. neutral / non-player "units" - but enemies are not really "units".)

The terminology is important, and many people have been confused about that. See Rune Age FAQ if you've not already read it.

Piggy-backing of this response, you need to look at the event deck cards. They either say "instant" or "enemy." Even though you play units in combat against enemies, they enemies themselves are not units, so you can't destroy them with your units' abilities.

As to the power level of destruction cards, it's true they can be brutal. But part of the strategy is choosing the order in which you play units into a combat in a manner that helps you avoid getting your most expensive cards destroyed. Usually that just means playing your bigger units last, but there are exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.