Subject: [18Mex Rules] How do Towns (aka Dits) work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
4.4.2(a): The route must be a continuous path of track (shown as wide lines) that connects two or more cities, towns, and/or off-board locations...
4.4.2(f): The route must include at least one city or off-board location containing a station of the operating company.
4.4.2(j): The total number of cities and off-board locations must be equal to or less than the train type number. (So for example a 2-Train may run to 2 cities, or one city and one off-board location.) Towns do not count toward this limit.
Even though the example does not specifically state this, the example 2-Train could also run from one city or off-board area (that contains a station of the operating company) to a single town, right? Obviously, this would only apply if there was not a second city of off-board area connected which would allow the generation of a higher total revenue, right?

4.4.2.1: Each train run generates revenue equal to the sum of the revenue values of each of the cities , towns, and off-board locations on its route... The 4D-Trains are an exception to this formula. A 4D-Train generates double the normal revenue for each city or off-board location it runs to. Town revenues are not doubled, however.
So, the example 2-Train operates like what many other 18RR games call a 2(+)-Train (Dits do not count toward the route length limit, but do add to the route total revenue, right? (This is also like "Locals" in 1862, right?

Appendix 1.: ...May a train that runs to its maximum number of cities also run to (and count) towns before the first city, or after the last city? Yes
So, the example 2-Train actually operates like a 2(++)-Train (Dits do not count toward the route length limit, but do add to the route total revenue and you can pick up one (or more) extra dit(s) at one end of the route, right?
Sould the clarification in the Appendix have read ...May a train that runs to its maximum number of cities also run to (and count) towns before the first city, and after the last city? Yes -- so that the example 2-Train picks up one (or more) dit(s) at both ends of the run (if there are any further dits to be had at both ends)??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
You questions are answered by three principles:

1) Dits satisfy the definition of a legal route.
2) Dits do not count against train length.
3) A legal route may end on a dit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Prescott
England
Wigan
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
You questions are answered by three principles:

1) Dits satisfy the definition of a legal route.
2) Dits do not count against train length.
3) A legal route may end on a dit.

I would clarify (3) "A legal route may begin and/or end on a dit"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Routes have two ends.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick responses.

Paladin82Y wrote:
4.4.2(a): The route must be a continuous path of track (shown as wide lines) that connects two or more cities, towns, and/or off-board locations...
4.4.2(f): The route must include at least one city or off-board location containing a station of the operating company.
4.4.2(j): The total number of cities and off-board locations must be equal to or less than the train type number. (So for example a 2-Train may run to 2 cities, or one city and one off-board location.) Towns do not count toward this limit.
Even though the example does not specifically state this, the example 2-Train could also run from one city or off-board area (that contains a station of the operating company) to a single town, right? Obviously, this would only apply if there was not a second city of off-board area connected which would allow the generation of a higher total revenue, right?

I am interpreting the responses provided so far (see previous posts above) as "Yes" to my questions.

Paladin82Y wrote:
4.4.2.1: Each train run generates revenue equal to the sum of the revenue values of each of the cities , towns, and off-board locations on its route... The 4D-Trains are an exception to this formula. A 4D-Train generates double the normal revenue for each city or off-board location it runs to. Town revenues are not doubled, however.
So, the example 2-Train operates like what many other 18RR games call a 2(+)-Train (Dits do not count toward the route length limit, but do add to the route total revenue, right? (This is also like "Locals" in 1862, right?

I am interpreting the responses provided so far (see previous posts above) as "Yes" to my question.

Paladin82Y wrote:
Appendix 1.: ...May a train that runs to its maximum number of cities also run to (and count) towns before the first city, or after the last city? Yes
So, the example 2-Train actually operates like a 2(++)-Train (Dits do not count toward the route length limit, but do add to the route total revenue and you can pick up one (or more) extra dit(s) at one end of the route, right?
Sould the clarification in the Appendix have read ...May a train that runs to its maximum number of cities also run to (and count) towns before the first city, and after the last city? Yes -- so that the example 2-Train picks up one (or more) dit(s) at both ends of the run (if there are any further dits to be had at both ends)??

I am interpreting the responses provided so far (see previous posts above) as "Yes" to my questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
jakeprescott wrote:

A beginning is an end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
clearclaw wrote:
jakeprescott wrote:

A beginning is an end.

The art of living well and the art of dying well are one. - Epicurus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.