Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was very surprised to see that Dungeonquest was not on the list of discontinued Games Workshop collaborations. Pleasantly surprised. Now that FFG has a bit more time on their hands, working on new Games Workshop related games and expansions is no longer taking their precious time. Maybe we can get those expansions for this game we have all been hoping for.

They have a huge catalogue of heroes that could be added to this game. FFG is normally brilliant about adding heroes, monsters and new rules to their games, why should Dungeonquest be left in the cold?

I have the 3rd edition but not the revised but if they started doing expansions for this, I'd spring for the newer version.

C'mon FFG, show those bums at Games Workshop what they missed out on by not holding on to this game. It could be your next Talisman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
i was thinking about this the other day, i'd love to see an expansion that provides hero cards for all the Descent 2nd Edition/Runebound 3rd edition heroes available, id also love to see a ton of cards added to all the decks in general, love me some variety
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
I was very surprised to see that Dungeonquest was not on the list of discontinued Games Workshop collaborations.

That is because it is not their own property.
DungeonQuest was made on a license.

EDIT: For clarity - not a GW property
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
jphien wrote:
I was very surprised to see that Dungeonquest was not on the list of discontinued Games Workshop collaborations.

That is because it is not their own property.
DungeonQuest was made on a license.

EDIT: For clarity - not a GW property

True. I have the 1987 version and it explains in the instructions that the original game was Swedish and called Drakborgen. GW liked it so became the UK publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've just looked it up and apparently Drakborgen branched off in its own direction....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snotlings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacky Blue
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
Snotlings!

Sadly this is the least likely to make an appearance as Snotlings are GW creatures. Some mischievous mob of imps perhaps, or a rampaging rabble of piskies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DQ is ripe for expansions, all these years and not a single expansion to date? C'mon FFG...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So happy to see posts like these!! I too hate that DQ has been without updates and expansions for over 2 years now. Anything would be an insta buy for me... New dungeon tiles, new draw cards, new heroes, new mechanics... The game itself is like the board a blank slate, ripe for exiting new additions... I hope FFG takes notice that this game still has a fan-base!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacky Blue Note wrote:
weishaupt wrote:
Snotlings!

Sadly this is the least likely to make an appearance as Snotlings are GW creatures. Some mischievous mob of imps perhaps, or a rampaging rabble of piskies?

Oh, we can call them anything -- I just love the mechanic, which cannot be patented. So hurray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bos
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would love to see new cards for all the decks, new heroes, and maybe a "second level" or tower side board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dylan jones
Wales
flag msg tools
matzi1 wrote:
RedShirtRob wrote:
Would love to see new cards for all the decks, new heroes, and maybe a "second level" or tower side board

Wow, the tower sounds interesting!

Sounds like a great idea!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.