Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look on the Apex Theropod Deck Building Game forums, you'll see that the designer appears to have fallen off the face of the earth. Not replying to Kickstarter, Facebook, or his game forums. In addition, the company website is no longer up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
If you look on the Apex Theropod Deck Building Game forums, you'll see that the designer appears to have fallen off the face of the earth. Not replying to Kickstarter, Facebook, or his game forums. In addition, the company website is no longer up.

Not exactly true.

He's ignoring his backers outright, actually; occasional logins with no answers, no email support, no Facebook support, but Herschel still posts up on DeviantArt, as of even a couple days ago.

His wife (another member of the company, so valid target for research) posted up a family picture a week or so ago. She was wearing an Apex t-shirt, insultingly enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Upstate
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
This whole thing is so very unfortunate. I was very much looking forward to this and the tower-defense game Inferno.

Is it safe to say these projects will never come to life if crowdfunding is HH's only option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
This whole thing is so very unfortunate. I was very much looking forward to this and the tower-defense game Inferno.

Is it safe to say these projects will never come to life if crowdfunding is HH's only option?

People crowdfund regardless sometimes. Case in point, Prodos got people to jump into their MOBA entry despite being nothing but a modification of Rum and Bones (with plagiarism) at the start because ... well, reasons. GameSalute still got backers though nearly all of them were seriously late. Iello... FunForge... the list goes on.

While Herschel has readily demonstrated being a cocky dude with no record of delivering his promises, and off-handedly backing out of paid options without refunding the money for them, dinosaurs are cool and no matter how much I troll the potential future KS page, people are bound to say "I have faith, go away you troll!"

He's an Army vet... that's the thing that pisses me off most here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.