GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,403 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Promethean Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Any info? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Orr
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any new info?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look on the Apex Theropod Deck Building Game forums, you'll see that the designer appears to have fallen off the face of the earth. Not replying to Kickstarter, Facebook, or his game forums. In addition, the company website is no longer up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
If you look on the Apex Theropod Deck Building Game forums, you'll see that the designer appears to have fallen off the face of the earth. Not replying to Kickstarter, Facebook, or his game forums. In addition, the company website is no longer up.


Not exactly true.

He's ignoring his backers outright, actually; occasional logins with no answers, no email support, no Facebook support, but Herschel still posts up on DeviantArt, as of even a couple days ago.

His wife (another member of the company, so valid target for research) posted up a family picture a week or so ago. She was wearing an Apex t-shirt, insultingly enough.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This whole thing is so very unfortunate. I was very much looking forward to this and the tower-defense game Inferno.

Is it safe to say these projects will never come to life if crowdfunding is HH's only option?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
This whole thing is so very unfortunate. I was very much looking forward to this and the tower-defense game Inferno.

Is it safe to say these projects will never come to life if crowdfunding is HH's only option?


People crowdfund regardless sometimes. Case in point, Prodos got people to jump into their MOBA entry despite being nothing but a modification of Rum and Bones (with plagiarism) at the start because ... well, reasons. GameSalute still got backers though nearly all of them were seriously late. Iello... FunForge... the list goes on.

While Herschel has readily demonstrated being a cocky dude with no record of delivering his promises, and off-handedly backing out of paid options without refunding the money for them, dinosaurs are cool and no matter how much I troll the potential future KS page, people are bound to say "I have faith, go away you troll!"

He's an Army vet... that's the thing that pisses me off most here.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eypyeash wrote:
xBino wrote:
This whole thing is so very unfortunate. I was very much looking forward to this and the tower-defense game Inferno.

Is it safe to say these projects will never come to life if crowdfunding is HH's only option?


People crowdfund regardless sometimes. Case in point, Prodos got people to jump into their MOBA entry despite being nothing but a modification of Rum and Bones (with plagiarism) at the start because ... well, reasons.

And Prodos/Archos managed to deliver LOAD (the MOBA) on time.

eypyeash wrote:
While Herschel has readily demonstrated being a cocky dude with no record of delivering his promises, and off-handedly backing out of paid options without refunding the money for them, dinosaurs are cool and no matter how much I troll the potential future KS page, people are bound to say "I have faith, go away you troll!"

What do you mean by "troll"? Do you mean "criticize the KS creator"? That is something completely different from trolling.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, it's totally different from trolling, but any perceived threat or hostility towards a project, regardless of basis, tends to be judged as trolling by the community of supporters. Same extremism you see in most political rallies... wildly biased, very vocal people in both sides, with more moderate folks kind of caught in the middle.

Prodos did deliver LOAD on time, though they've also pushed back the dates for companies who pay for their services, such as the Demigods board game, back further and further to ensure their own direct product makes hit times.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.