Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Hey fellas I'm going to upload a photo to help with my question.

I'm learning the rules so i'm pushing counters around and this came up:

I have two Canadian units and one German unit. The Canadian unit starts to move towards the German "Dug In" inf unit which triggers "Overwatch Fire". The German unit fires at the moving unit. Now his fire allows the Canadian inf to fire back at the German unit which he does but here is where i'm confused.

1. What posture modifiers do i use for the German unit? Is it under "fire in partly protective" for a -2, or is it under "dug in partly protective" for -4?

The German unit fired, but he is also dug in.

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Clay,

Since it is dug-in in partly protective terrain, use the "Dug in" column.
The "Fire" column is for units in fire mode without being dug in, no matter if they fired or not. Units in fire mode are deployed and alerted, so they have better modifiers than units in move mode. Units in dug-in posture are simply units in fire mode with the dug-in counter, representing the benefits of a prepared defense. They lose the dug-in status if they switch to move mode [6.16c]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infantry can be in

Move mode: troops are (trying to) move across the ground. Sure, they are keeping their head down, but they are trying to move. In TCS, they cannot fire at all.

Fire mode: troops are in position and firing, or prepared to fire.

Suppressed mode: troops have reacted badly to being shot at, and are finding as much cover as they can (and additional negative modifiers apply when firing at troops who are suppressed).

Then there is the extra negative modifier (i.e. good for the defender) when firing at troops who are dug-in, which comes when the troops being targeted are on a Prepared Defense OpSheet. And troops can only get this Dug-In benefit when they are in Fire mode.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge

Thanks fellas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.