Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Prompt» Forums » Reviews

Subject: The literary world can stand up...umm I mean take a seat... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
...and play a game.

Prompt is an...well I'll call it interesting little card game with 90 oversized cards that feature some pretty darn neat artwork and not much of a real game here at all. Part memory, party snobbery and ummmm no fun.

Alright lemme get to it here. The cards are Prompts (Ps), Characters (Cs) and Quotes (Qs). The Qs get dealt in equal number to all players and the Cs and Ps get spread out randomly face down on the table. Your Qs will be a quote from a play with one word missing. On your turn flip over a P so all can see it, if you think it fits one of your Qs play those...then you are just trying to find the C card that said your Q so you can score that. If it's NOT one of yours you have to put the card back face down in the same place it was so others can get it when it's their turn...if they remember where it's at.

OK do I need to go on?

See this is...well...lame. To verify you are right you refer to the rule book where all the answers can be found and anyone referring can very easily and accidentally (or not so accidentally depending on who you are playing with) see other answers to the quotes they have in their hand.

WOW.

OK So I know the world of literature is in short supply when it comes to games. I know that people who are INTO their thing like to branch out some but come on...would this be fun for anyone? I can't see how.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.