Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Dear Users

I am intrigued by the theme and the shreds of mechanic.

Can someone tell me in few words what this game is about ? Or it is so easy and card driven as on the KS page?

Or am I blind and cannot read ?

btw - this is the first KS campaign with so non-well-organized page layout (not only my words) but I believe that was the intention ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm probably as lost as you are, so hopefully someone else can give more info, but I'll share what I've learned so far...

There is a small game board made of drawn cards, and each player has a deck of cards. On your turn you can move up to 2 spaces, and/or you may play cards to expand the map or play cards from your hand. Each space on the map gives you different 'abilities' (eg. protecting you from bad cards from other players). Cards played can do many different things; gain cards, make other player lose cards, move player characters, etc...

If you run out of cards, you are taken by the boogie man, and lose. If you go to 'kiddie corner' you can add more cards to your deck, but you have to draw a random face down card from the table, one of which is a boogie man, making you lose. Last player alive wins!

(There is a short gameplay video in one of the updates (and maybe main page, I forget)

And yes, the KS page is confusing...and it's been redone to be less confusing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It's last man standing with awesome art and a depressing unique theme! oh, and now cool pawns too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gunness
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@OP: I'm really glad you're asking, because I came away from the KS page feeling really confused, too

@Brad: I'm still trying to figure out if the game itself is overly chaotic, or to what extent it is tactical, too. I mean, I'm all for gorgeous components and quirky themes, but at the end of the day I'd love for a game that's actually fun to play, preferrably more than a couple of times. The vibe I'm getting is that it's very random - or did I miss anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
I'm probably as lost as you are, so hopefully someone else can give more info, but I'll share what I've learned so far...

There is a small game board made of drawn cards, and each player has a deck of cards. On your turn you can move up to 2 spaces, and/or you may play cards to expand the map or play cards from your hand. Each space on the map gives you different 'abilities' (eg. protecting you from bad cards from other players). Cards played can do many different things; gain cards, make other player lose cards, move player characters, etc...

If you run out of cards, you are taken by the boogie man, and lose. If you go to 'kiddie corner' you can add more cards to your deck, but you have to draw a random face down card from the table, one of which is a boogie man, making you lose. Last player alive wins!

(There is a short gameplay video in one of the updates (and maybe main page, I forget)

And yes, the KS page is confusing...and it's been redone to be less confusing!

Thanks Brad

Unfortunately this description looks like very simple game .. does it really feels like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanos Larisis
Greece
Athens, Neo Irakleio
Attica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a very simple game!
In a way it kind of reminds me exploding kittens card game only if that were more like a board game with more interesting mechanics and card abilities!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.