Tyrants of the Underdark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Game End Criteria rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Butcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Have read the rules last night, game ends when market exhausted or someone runs out of troops. Should the deck of 80 cards be adjusted when playing with less than 4 players to 40/60 (2/3 player) otherwise surely a two player game is likely to only end through placing last troop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a 2 player game will end when you run out of troops, but that's fine, no deck adjustment is necessary, that seems to be the intended most likely ending condition. A four player game will almost certainly end the same way. The market deck running out is going to be a pretty rare occurrence at any player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. The end game should really read "when you run out of troops, and i guess if all of you guys promoted all your Soldiers and built ridiculous streamlined Ambition decks that buy cards but don't affect the board we will end it also if you empty the market deck".

In practice at least one player built a Conquest deck and took over half the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, over 90% of all games will end on last troop placement, regardless of player count...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
My one game ended with deck depletion way before anyone was close to all troops. I think the lowest troops were about 10 left. This was a 4 player game. We were playing Dragon/Elemental so there were a lot of high cost cards in the deck, so we all thought we needed to have that influence. We also drained the Priestess stack. Towards the end we were all buying at least 2 cards per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.