5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Selling a ?rare game - suggestions/help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Fagan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just a little argument in having with myself really. I have a mint condition game of Grass which for some reason appears to be rare/crazy expensive.
With the exception of one for sale for a normal amount on BGG, the others I've seeing range from £180 - £320.

I think that's a bit mental to be honest but equally for me it would be lovely to sell it for maybe £30-£40 to buy another game or if more to put towards something else.

Just wondering what people would suggest/their opinions on the matter. Put it on eBay and try to get a lot for it from an auction ? Put it on BGG for a slightly above (£25?) average price for a ok rated out of print card game?

Any suggestions/personal thought or experiences would be great!

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the price it is selling for, or being asked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osiris Saline
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you need the money (rent/food/medical debt/vet bills) then try to sell it at a high value before lowering it. I've had to do this before, and as much as people may believe everything should be a reasonable price, if you're in money trouble then you need to take care of yourself first.

If the money from the game will go towards another board game, make the price 2/3s of the closest one you can find and hope someone purchases it.

As always, it depends on demand, many rare things are rare but worthless and won't sell, but if you're lucky and someone stumbles across your copy and it's priced lower than the others, great!

I'd also suggest making a thread in the trade forum and offering it up for a wishlist game which you feel matches your value of the game right now. You never know who's browsing for trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fagan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback!

Decided to stick it on eBay (Grass - card game) for a pretty normal price so others can enjoy it and maybe if a few people bid I'll get a bit more than expecting.

One went yesterday for £17.50 inc P and P so I threw it up for £10.99 start and free post.

Here's the shameless plug - http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/222259060220

CHeers again,

JMLF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears that it got a reprint at some point.

Amazon has it for $27 USD. At £11 you're about $14 USD, so I think you're priced fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.