Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions on cavalry raid effects:

1) suppose that a cavalry raid is made with success versus a Town. The raider player take the opponent town (that score 1 VP at the end of the game) but the raided location card still remain to opponent player or will be put on available locations?

2) if the cavalry raid is made with success versus a City and opponent doesn't have a Town token the raided location card still remain to opponent player or will be put on available locations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
melkios wrote:
Some questions on cavalry raid effects:

1) suppose that a cavalry raid is made with success versus a Town. The raider player take the opponent town (that score 1 VP at the end of the game) but the raided location card still remain to opponent player or will be put on available locations?

2) if the cavalry raid is made with success versus a City and opponent doesn't have a Town token the raided location card still remain to opponent player or will be put on available locations?

1. If I raid your town, the location card remains with you. It is now out of supply and is a dead card. The only thing that can be done with it is hold it or spend an action to discard it, put it in the reserves, or put it back on the empire deck.

If you re-settle the location, the card becomes "alive" again.

If I settle the location, the card goes to me. If it is in your hand, your reserves, your empire deck, or your reservesdiscard deck, you hand it over. If it is in your draw deck, you fish it out and hand it over to me and re-shuffle your draw deck and if you are Carthage, be sure to put the campaign card back on the bottom.

2. If your opponent had no more town tokens, you wouldn't get to raid because running out of town tokens would have ended the game earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

1. If I raid your town, the location card remains with you. It is now out of supply and is a dead card. The only thing that can be done with it is hold it or spend an action to discard it, put it in the reserves, or put it back on the empire deck.

If you re-settle the location, the card becomes "alive" again.

If I settle the location, the card goes to me. If it is in your hand, your reserves, your empire deck, or your reserves, you hand it over. If it is in your draw deck, you fish it out and hand it over to me and re-shuffle your draw deck and if you are Carthage, be sure to put the campaign card back on the bottom.

Thank's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

2. If your opponent had no more town tokens, you wouldn't get to raid because running out of town tokens would have ended the game earlier.

Suppose that Roman player put all towns on board.
The game doesn't end if there are any battles in progress because, the players continue until all battles are resolved performing whatever actions they wish, except a new Battle. (See 6.2)
So on these final rounds it's possible for Carthage to Raid roman cities and Roman player doesn't has any cubes.
So in this case the location goes from city to unoccpied status as in Town and is a dead card as you say on previous question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see the last paragraph of 5.2.4.

"If the opposing player does not have a cube available to replace a disc, then the location becomes unoccupied."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

I nominate this to be in the clarifications thread. Without a reference back to the supply rules, the 5.2.4 description of Raid consequences could easily be misunderstood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
airjudden wrote:

I nominate this to be in the clarifications thread. Without a reference back to the supply rules, the 5.2.4 description of Raid consequences could easily be misunderstood.

This is actually covered in the last paragraph of 4.0.

Quote:
If you lose a location on the board due to raiding or conquest (and your opponent does not elect to settle it upon victory), the location is out of supply, or the location is under attack, then its corresponding Location card is effectively a “dead” card in your deck until you either recapture it, the battle ends, you re-establish supply, or you remove the card from your deck (see 4.4 – Supply, for more details).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is there, for sure, but as one is practically playing the game, when one raids, you read the raid rules. "The location becomes unoccupied" is mundane enough to not trigger the thought that Being Unoccupied is a Game Term that has consequences. The paragraph in 4.0 is in Game Overview which, to me, usually represents a general look at at the game structure, etc., not a place to find a critical rule. Which is why I suggested a helpful reminder in 5.2.4. Just my two cents.

If no one else got confused by the issue, then it's not worth correcting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.