Subject: new power grid expansion coming! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the rio grande news letter www.riograndegames.com it states a new power grid deck 2 will be available in October. So let the speculation begin...

I'm assuming they will add a few of the 'missing' numbers of plants like a #48 and such.

New types of power? Hydro, natural gas? Don't know how they would retro fit with the 6 maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's hard to see a new resource being added, unless it were to replace something else. Also, it's hard to see how hydro would be any different to other renewables. Maybe there could be some odd ones like tidal power which needs a city on the ocean or something.

I suspect it would be more like a rejigging of the original deck, with slightly different combinations of the existing resources, just to mix it up for people who have played the original to death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking a few more power plants to increase the uncertainty of the draw. For example, when you are supposed to draw X number out of the deck at the set up, with more plants you would draw x+y since the deck would be larger. Either way a welcome change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
The bits and pieces I've heard from the Gathering seemed to hint that it was an entirely new deck of power plant cards. You can either use it by itself, or mix it up completely with the existing deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
    Buyback.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
The bits and pieces I've heard from the Gathering seemed to hint that it was an entirely new deck of power plant cards. You can either use it by itself, or mix it up completely with the existing deck.

That would seem to imply there would be no overlap on power plant numbers... so the new power plant numbers are either mostly or all higher than 50... or there are going to be fractions... 29 1/2 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrik Bøe
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This sounds cool Can't wait to see what they come up with!

JeffyJeff wrote:

That would seem to imply there would be no overlap on power plant numbers... so the new power plant numbers are either mostly or all higher than 50... or there are going to be fractions... 29 1/2 ?

I'd guess they'd do something almost like this, except that the new deck might be differentiated in some way (symbol, borders etc.) with a note in the rules that the new plants always count as higher than the older for tiebreakers (or vice versa).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I imagine that a card deck expansion implies only power plants, I think it would be neat if refineries could be employed in the game, such that people could "produce" additional resources in addition to the normal replenishment each turn. The tricky part would be managing the cost (either in money or in some other balancing factor) so that depressing prices would actually have some strategic value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raffaele Porrini
Italy
Rome
Latium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

9 3/4... oh, yeah. That's another story laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add a power plant that powers all cities in a single colored region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
so the new power plant numbers are either mostly or all higher than 50... or there are going to be fractions... 29 1/2 ?

I'll start with the Fellini plant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there any official release date for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Grid expansion deck released
edytwinky wrote:
Is there any official release date for this?

Apparently now:
http://www.riograndegames.com/games.html?id=226
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/29416

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.