Mazovia
flag msg tools
publisher
melanzowniatv.znadplanszy.pl
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys!
As you already know European version of Red7 will be at Essen for purchase. German and English editions are printed right know, but that's not the end.

- French
- Italian
- Spanish
- and maybe more...

These three languages you can expect in Q4/2016 or Q1/2017.

Here I come with question for you. Please help us translate the catchphrase on the box for other languages. I doesn't have to be exact translation. It has to sound funny and curious for native speakers :)

The catchphrase:
WIN OR YOU'RE OUT! - English
GEWINNE ODER DU BIST DRAUßEN! - German
WYGRYWASZ ALBO ODPADASZ! - Polish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
For Dutch I'd pick De dood of de gladiolen! ('Death or the Gladioli'), a very recent introduction to the language which probably has its origins in professional cycling. You either win the race or competition and are then showered with flowers (with gladioli representing strength and character), or you die trying.

Of course that's nothing like the boringly mundane Win of je ligt eruit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Chlebicki
Poland
Warsaw
Mazovia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very interesting :) Is it widely recognizable in The Netherlands? Will it make sense of you change gladioli for rainbow or something rainbow-ish? I try to connect it more to the game :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Baartoszz wrote:
That's very interesting Is it widely recognizable in The Netherlands? Will it make sense of you change gladioli for rainbow or something rainbow-ish? I try to connect it more to the game

'Very recent' is 'since 1980 or so', and since then it's become quite recognisable. The largest walking event in the world (the Vierdaagse) finishes on the 'Via Gladiola'. It's not the official name of the street unfortunately, nor was it called that in Roman times, but it is 'renamed' during the event. By that time you've walked 200 km, so you're entitled to some encouragement meeple.

I suppose that De dood of de regenbogen! ('Death or the Rainbows!') will sound sufficiently familiar to make the connection to the original saying. The metre is the same too. You could argue a little whether or not to write the singular regenboog or plural regenbogen: the former rhymes a bit better with dood, but the latter keeps the word number the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For French, I'd suggest Prenez la tête ou la porte ! (litteraly "Take the lead or get out")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another french proposition:

Oubliez Coubertin, l'important c'est de gagner !

("Forget Coubertin, it's winning that counts!". The Coubertin quote - It's participating that counts - is really famous in France)

Edit: explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gugenheim
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This request stayed in the back of my head. I had several ideas. I hope you like one of them.

Pas un jeu pour les perdants: Not a game for losers
Pas de jeu pour les perdants: No play for losers
Un jeu seulement pour les gagnants: A game only for winners
Seulement les gagnants peuvent jouer: Only winners can play

Have fun,
yanndan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.