$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Away Team, Beam Down tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Blower
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not entirely sure what the purpose is of the Away Team and Beam Down marker tokens?

1. Does the away team token prevent another player visiting that site/planet, for that turn. My understanding is you remove it if successful (leave your faction token) and remove it too if you fail? So why put it down?

2. I can sort of understand marking the away team members, but it seems a bit fussy, especially when there's no way to track other things: like rounds, for example.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Xantiriad wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what the purpose is of the Away Team and Beam Down marker tokens?

1. Does the away team token prevent another player visiting that site/planet, for that turn. My understanding is you remove it if successful (leave your faction token) and remove it too if you fail? So why put it down?


There's not much reason. I think they just included it so that it looked good thematically more than anything.

Quote:
2. I can sort of understand marking the away team members, but it seems a bit fussy, especially when there's no way to track other things: like rounds, for example.



Yeah, we normally didn't bother with that either. We just remembered who we were sending.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Blower
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks. As long as I didn't miss something.

Played a lot of MK. Thanks for confirming it is not a new rule/concept.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xantiriad wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what the purpose is of the Away Team and Beam Down marker tokens?

1. Does the away team token prevent another player visiting that site/planet, for that turn. My understanding is you remove it if successful (leave your faction token) and remove it too if you fail? So why put it down?

2. I can sort of understand marking the away team members, but it seems a bit fussy, especially when there's no way to track other things: like rounds, for example.



1. Sometimes you have two of the same kind of planet next to you and there is an ambiguity about which planet you want to beam down to.

2. A round tracker would be redundant given that discarded undiscovered cards already track the round number.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Blower
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelikov wrote:


1. Sometimes you have two of the same kind of planet next to you and there is an ambiguity about which planet you want to beam down to.

2. A round tracker would be redundant given that discarded undiscovered cards already track the round number.


Thanks, makes sense. Never thought of using those cards to track rounds, good tip.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a 6 side die to track round (did the same for MK) since I usually discarded the Undiscovered card to the bottom to save space.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.