$15.00
$20.00
$30.00
$5.00
Recommend
81 
 Thumb up
 Hide
117 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Robinson Crusoe 2016 Edition - Changes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a look at all the new bits and changes to the new edition of Robinson Crusoe





117 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be an upgrade kit for owners of the old edition?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting -- the most relevant of these (in my eyes) are already implemented in the German Pegasus Spiele edition, which has been out for quite a while.
The only things which that lacks are the nicely shaped wooden pieces (just cubes in Pegasus edition) and the 7th scenario.

Anyway, very happy that I won't feel compelled to upgrade. I also way prefer the old box art.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any exclusives or other advantages in ordering directly from Portal?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are hilarious

Old rulebook "explains nothing"

Oh good stuff!
54 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The nice wooden cubes and the 7th scenario are in the 'Schatziste' for us germans, so if you get that you should have an upgraded version.

The only thing I'm interested in would be the rulebook, to see what rules changed. I thought that cards would change as well, and get erratas or so, but it doesn't seems so, or was this just missed on the comparison sheet?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that scenario layout changed? What does this mean?

Will other promo scenarios (Livingstone, Treasure Island jr and Poachers) also be updated to new visual style and possibly scenario sheet size?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitarja wrote:
The nice wooden cubes and the 7th scenario are in the 'Schatziste' for us germans, so if you get that you should have an upgraded version.

The only thing I'm interested in would be the rulebook, to see what rules changed. I thought that cards would change as well, and get erratas or so, but it doesn't seems so, or was this just missed on the comparison sheet?


There are over 400 corrections on the cards to fix bad English.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitarja wrote:
The nice wooden cubes and the 7th scenario are in the 'Schatziste' for us germans, so if you get that you should have an upgraded version.

The only thing I'm interested in would be the rulebook, to see what rules changed. I thought that cards would change as well, and get erratas or so, but it doesn't seems so, or was this just missed on the comparison sheet?


Only looks worthwhile if you don't own the original. Changes are very slight. I printed off the token stickers a couple years ago from the file here on BGG. Would I prefer the new edition? Sure. But I never buy the same game more than once.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the new version include a bag for discovery tokens?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:
There are over 400 corrections on the cards to fix bad English.


Thought I read something like this before But no big changes, only fixing typos and bad wording?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitarja wrote:
Random_Person wrote:
There are over 400 corrections on the cards to fix bad English.


Thought I read something like this before But no big changes, only fixing typos and bad wording?


Correct. This is mostly a cosmetic update. There may be some slight rule tweaks based on what version of the rules/faq and BGG threads you've followed over the years. Paul Grogan did an AMAZING job of digging through all the history and finding even the most obscure rules questions and then asked for the difinitive answer while editing the rules. You can read about that here:

ARTICLE: What Does An Editor Do?
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hybry wrote:
Does the new version include a bag for discovery tokens?


No, that's a separate promo.

Robinson Crusoe: Discovery Tokens
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:
There are over 400 corrections on the cards to fix bad English.
Was that all? Felt like 4000
35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read Old Rulebook "explains nothing" and I thought...they FINALLY admitted it!!!!!!

Slashdoctor wrote:
You guys are hilarious :D

Old rulebook "explains nothing" :D

Oh good stuff!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Random_Person wrote:
There are over 400 corrections on the cards to fix bad English.
Was that all? Felt like 4000


Well, 400 changes times what... 17 editing passes? I'm so sick of looking at these cards. :-)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Are there any exclusives or other advantages in ordering directly from Portal?

So...?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Are there any exclusives or other advantages in ordering directly from Portal?

So...?


Well, there's that warm and fuzzy feeling that goes with knowing that your purchase provides the maximum benefit to Portal Games and our continued efforts to be more awesome.

Otherwise, no.
35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice article

Random_Person, maybe you should add the new rulebook link in your original post so that everything about new version is in the same thread

Thanks for the upload and these good news cool
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the new rules!! Any chance we could get a file detailing the text changes on the cards?

Interesting (and amusing) read in the article about what an editor does Many thanks to Paul - sounds like it was a daunting task!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ksaeger wrote:
Interesting (and amusing) read in the article about what an editor does Many thanks to Paul - sounds like it was a daunting task!
The text changes was mostly language corrections, clarifications, etc.
There is one change though, hinted at in the blog article which Ignacy wrote where using 1 worker causes all kinds of problems, so I convinced him that to do this thing always requires 2 workers, removing weird stuff from happening. Its a very minor change, and anyone with the old version can just play that card that way.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:
hybry wrote:
Does the new version include a bag for discovery tokens?


No, that's a separate promo.

Robinson Crusoe: Discovery Tokens

The extra tokens that come with that aren't the same as in this new version though, is this correct?

Also, the extra cards on the site, these are technically the old version too aren't they?

You also have a link to preorders. I read somewhere that it will be released in the UK first and the US later around November. If this is the case, as a UK resident should I order the game from you or will you likely ship after other UK stockists?

I asked these questions though the Portal site and got an extremely unsatisfactory answer so hoping you can help!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

While the old First Player token may not be as fancy, it sure is sexier!

Edit: (I guess in today's day and age, I have to add, "no matter which way your boat floats")!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Random_Person wrote:
hybry wrote:
Does the new version include a bag for discovery tokens?


No, that's a separate promo.

Robinson Crusoe: Discovery Tokens

The extra tokens that come with that aren't the same as in this new version though, is this correct?


Correct.

Quote:
Also, the extra cards on the site, these are technically the old version too aren't they?


Yes? They will work with the new version also.

Quote:
You also have a link to preorders. I read somewhere that it will be released in the UK first and the US later around November. If this is the case, as a UK resident should I order the game from you or will you likely ship after other UK stockists?


EU should receive the games around the same time as Essen. US will follow later in the year. I'm not sure when the guys will ship preorders to Europe. Likely post-Essen. It's possible you'll be able to find it in stores before our shipments. I know that's not super clear... the team has gone home for the day and I'm the only one still working. :-)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to upload a copy of the new rules with higher resolution pictures? I can't tell what a lot of the directions are referencing because the little illustration pics are too blurry.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.